active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building the Martin King open baffle speaker that calls for a 12db/oct Linkwitz-Riley high pass at 500hz for the fe103. I would like to bi amp . Could I use a simple rc filter set at 500hz on the amp input and then another cap on the amp output also as a 500hz first order filter? Something tells me it can't be this easy.

I am building the Martin King open baffle speaker that calls for a 12db/oct Linkwitz-Riley high pass at 500hz for the fe103. I would like to bi amp . Could I use a simple rc filter set at 500hz on the amp input and then another cap on the amp output also as a 500hz first order filter? Something tells me it can't be this easy.
You don't need both, just at the input.

Also you will want to filter the high frequencies from the woofer (so an equivalent low pass filter on the input to the woofer amplifier)

What driver the amp? Its impedance affects the filter on the input to the amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.