USSPA Build thread

Yes.. Ultra probably much better..less ringing..
If going for smooth musical Salas is good. Result will also vary some with different parts
If looking for more neatness, bass, control and attack. Try normal ic.. And the quieter the ic the more thin, clean the sound.

This is a couple free preamp.. It will depend alot on partnering equipment and supply.. Ie if your parts, dac or supply is bad it just reads it. I found some harshness in my dac sound because of this.. A quick modify it's good to go. Just use a good 60/40 type solder. Hi fi silver solder is a pain in the..

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If floating a PSU two L-Adapter can also be used like two batteries stacked with a midpoint. Just to let you know in case somebody has those high power positive only boards. Snubbers must be put externally across the secondary if desired.

Ultrabib board has snubber parts positions on each AC input area. Its three breakable units per board. Two plus and a minus section.

The better leaded solder wire in my view is Sn62 eutectic alloy. Among the best workable classic solders while still including 2% silver. Made by few established manufacturers. Loctite (Multicore) is one of those.

Reactions: 1 user
Tried the darlington...

Slightly rounded top end darkish less Airy . Better bass and low. More meat. Less clean.

It can be a benifit in some system.. Can live with both.... I gave it to my friend so.. It's just roughly....the impressions. He is using mox as well so...

I will do mine once I finish 2 projects on hand.

Great choice as well Fab. Still maintain the key feature of usspa.

20191229_113158.jpg

Usspa 2
Black looks pretty.

@Fab...
The reason is that I have plenty of suitable batteries (12v and 6V) whereas it will take a while to get the PS boards which I had chosen....it will probely be a month or two before they are made. I will try it at both 12-0-12VDC and also at 16-0-16Vdc and report, but first I have to get cured of a very bad gout attack in my left hand and both feet....all on top of food poisoning which kept me in bed for 7 days! Not been the best Christmas, but Hey, it is almost 2020, so best wishes to all for the New Year.