Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

single supply alternative to TL082 op-amp
single supply alternative to TL082 op-amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd August 2019, 04:50 PM   #11
Qualitysound is offline Qualitysound
diyAudio Member

Hi All,

I tried the circuit with your recommendations & it worked fine
But I'm having problem connecting it my music player.(yamaha mcr-b142)
I was planning to use player earphone out to get audio signal.(connecting wires to 3.5mm female jack to get audio signal)
But, when I open the player it had this strange setup. where it ouputs audio, only when the 3.5mm male jack is inserted.(It has a switch mechanisum inside 3.5mm female jack to activate this feature )I didnt want this, as inserting a 3.5 earphone will cutdown sound from speakers.
So now I want to get audio output from speaker outputs & it has class D fully bridged output amplifier. (yamaha YDA164C-QZ with differential outputs)so how can I get this to work?
Will following below circuit helps me?
Please assist me, as I worked countless hours to reach thus far.
Thanks.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 5th August 2019, 03:41 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Help Please!
Old 6th August 2019, 06:22 PM   #13
sgrossklass is offline sgrossklass  Germany
diyAudio Member

Do you have access to the audio signal pre-YDA164 by any chance? The signal out of a Class D amp is full of ultrasonic crap even after output filtering and would require a setup with good CMRR up to rather high frequencies, a gain of maybe -20 dB, and preferably some high-frequency filtering in both common and differential mode.

Given the limited fidelity requirements for a VU meter, I'd suggest this kind of rustic circuit:
single supply alternative to TL082 op-amp-bal2se-rustic-png
Should have good CMRR provided resistors and caps are well-matched, and I doubt the application is going to care very much about -3 dB @ 19 kHz (-1 dB @ 9.5 kHz) - you can always use 4n7s instead. It's not the last word in noise either, but then again neither are run of the mill Class D audio amp ICs (and the application does not require extreme dynamic range anyway).

If you should find that you need more attenuation, increase R7/R10 to 20k (22k) instead.

Take note that at least R4 must be referred to Vs/2 in single supply operation.
Attached Images
File Type: png bal2se-rustic.png (16.8 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by sgrossklass; 6th August 2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 8th August 2019, 07:26 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrossklass View Post
Do you have access to the audio signal pre-YDA164 by any chance? The signal out of a Class D amp is full of ultrasonic crap even after output filtering and would require a setup with good CMRR up to rather high frequencies, a gain of maybe -20 dB, and preferably some high-frequency filtering in both common and differential mode.

Given the limited fidelity requirements for a VU meter, I'd suggest this kind of rustic circuit:
Should have good CMRR provided resistors and caps are well-matched, and I doubt the application is going to care very much about -3 dB @ 19 kHz (-1 dB @ 9.5 kHz) - you can always use 4n7s instead. It's not the last word in noise either, but then again neither are run of the mill Class D audio amp ICs (and the application does not require extreme dynamic range anyway).

If you should find that you need more attenuation, increase R7/R10 to 20k (22k) instead.

Take note that at least R4 must be referred to Vs/2 in single supply operation.
Many thanks for the reply

I'm planning to use this setup.
I'll be adding caps (0.1uf film cap) between input resistor & input to remove any dc voltage.
I'll be using mcp602 rail to rail opamp for this task.
Planned circuit will look like this excluding input caps.
let me know your thoughts regarding this setup?
Thanks

single supply alternative to TL082 op-ampHide this!Advertise here!