Preamplifier Kit??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy,

I have a Hafler 100 Watt amplifier (stereo) that I need a preamp for. I'd like to find something inexpensive that is fairly easy to build for a first timer. I checked the diyAudio store and didn't see anything. I am not adverse to buying loose parts and trying to follow a schematic, but a complete kit, less enclosure, would be preferred. Thanks in advance!!

Dunno.. Have some of those Chinese Clone "alps' Blu Box (At ~ 10bux.. it Ain't genuine.. period :)
That said the clones are almost as good as a genuine Alps.. which are long discontinued..

That said : the Cheap (well ~15 $) Chinese Clone.. Dact Stepped attenuator is a noticeably better performer than the Alps, real OR fake versions.

That said : the Cheap (well ~15 $) Chinese Clone.. Dact Stepped attenuator is a noticeably better performer than the Alps, real OR fake versions.

I also think the DACT clone is good, and it is a significant step up from the Alps pot in terms of accuracy and channel balance. The only thing I don't like about it is the shipping charge. You need to buy two at a time in order to have the cost averaged out to be ~$15 each.

DACT Type SMD Stepped Attenuator 21 step volume control pot D Shape Shaft | eBay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.