no sound from one channel in active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all i have bought a 2channel 3way -24 db /octave crossover board and connected the board to 2 tda 2050 for tweeters, 2 tda 7294 for mid and 2 tda 7294 for woofers.
when all six channels are connected to the respective amps one of the woofer channel volume goes down .
I have tested both the woofer channels without the crossover both the amps are fine .when i connect only one channel either left or right from the crossover to the amp it works fine however when i connect the other channel the volume does not come up . what could be the problem?

Joined 2011
it works fine however when i connect the other channel the volume
does not come up . what could be the problem?

Try reversing "only one" pair of wires going to the woofers.
It does sound like the woofers are out of phase.

Unless you are expecting that both woofers when played together
will be a lot louder than just one woofer. That won't be the case.

Last edited:
Its definitely one channel fading, not the wrong phasing leading to cancellation at bass frequencies (ie one woofer is moving much more than the other?)

That would suggest a possibly quite subtle issue with the crossover itself.

I think its related to ground problems why because when I have tried placing the transformer for the tweeter amp and the transformer for the crossover in the same chasis and the same thing happend in tweeter amp. After that i have insulated the transformer for the crossover then the tweeter amp works well.

my midrange amp trasformer and woofer amp transformer are in another chasis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.