LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching

Ned,

After some review, I found that I had inadvertently forgotten to solder one power pin on relay RE2. Now after the splash screen all I see are three dots on the bottom. I then tried my second board. It came up in the configuration menu and I completed all configuration steps successfully and it finished in the standard working menu. I then powered it off and at the next power up it also came up with three dots on the bottom of the screen. Any ideas?

Regards,

Roy

Manniraj,

On the power supply board, follow the directions on the back. It is required to get the proper voltages. Mine are working correctly.

As for the parts on the left side of the main board, you can ignore them. They are for an on-board power supply that apparently hasn't been tested. You are using the external power supply so they will not be required. The BOM is assuming that you are using the external supply. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Roy

Ned,

After some review, I found that I had inadvertently forgotten to solder one power pin on relay RE2. Now after the splash screen all I see are three dots on the bottom. I then tried my second board. It came up in the configuration menu and I completed all configuration steps successfully and it finished in the standard working menu. I then powered it off and at the next power up it also came up with three dots on the bottom of the screen. Any ideas?

Regards,

Roy

That’s a feature;)

Device boots in standby mode. You need to wake it up by pressing play button for three seconds.

Manniraj,

On the power supply board, follow the directions on the back. It is required to get the proper voltages. Mine are working correctly.

As for the parts on the left side of the main board, you can ignore them. They are for an on-board power supply that apparently hasn't been tested. You are using the external power supply so they will not be required. The BOM is assuming that you are using the external supply. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Roy

Thank you

Thanks, can someone suggest good quality wires to use on this board to connect the wiring to the power/input/output signals. I see that the main board accepts some kind of small molex sockets but not sure which are the right ones to use based on the size. i usually source my small items via aliexpress.com, so if Ned can suggest all the required cables then it would save me sometime. By the way I have soldered all the resistors and ordered the remaining parts should receive them in couple of weeks time.

I am going to use the chassis mounted CMC RCA jacks so I presume the main board inputs/outputs mounting holes are like Left/Right and then the center hole is the common ground. Please clarify.

Here is the photo of the finished device.

IMG_5163.jpg

Thanks Ned, for the BoM updates.

I see from your pic that you have not soldered Q1..Q4. Are they not required for the board as I have ordered these parts?

Also instead of using the small holes for the input/outputs connection you used the single hot from the RCA jacks to mount on the board directly. Ok now it makes sense and clears my doubts about the common ground and L/R inputs on boards. It would good if you can also show how the 8 holes on the right of the relays are used where it is marked IN_L, IN_R, Out_L, Out_R and Gnd. One of the Gnd you have connected to the common RCA jacks ground.

Also can you point me to the caps C9 and C12 which as per your BoM says 0.22uf?

Thanks

Received my bridge rectifiers and the exact trafo based on the BoM for the PSU board. Can you please point me to the transformer orientation, as the trafo shows one side as 1,2,3,4 and other side 5,6,7,8. From the AC input 2 pins how the orientation should be done?

Regarding the bridge rectifiers I presume that the cut side marked as '+' has to go on the square pad of the PCB. Please confirm back.

thanks