LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching

Connected all the wirings as per the instructions with A+, D+, R+ with the PSU showing a very stable +5,0 on all the 3 ports. I have not connected the mini-usb port to the PC and powered on the main board. With the PSU LED's on I can see that the power is going to the main board but the Arduino board LED is not getting switched on. Do I need to connect to the PC for this to switch on or is there any issues on my board. I have wired the OLED as per the markings leaving out BKL as this is not listed on the display board but only listed on the main PCB board. Rest of the connections including the encoder is done correctly.
I have not connected any RCA inputs not its grounds. But I think without the inputs this should be fine and should work.
Any suggestions how to power on and what the sequence or precautions to be taken as I do not see these details on the Google drive setup instructions.

Thanks

These first batch boards might have a bug where power pin grounds are not connected to the ground plane. I thought I corrected all of them before shipping but I might have missed one or two. Check all power ports with power cables disconnected and see if their grounds are connected to each other and power ground plane. If not, scrape gnd plane close to each power gnd pin and put a blob of solder to connect them to ground plane, if there isn’t one already.

These first batch boards might have a bug where power pin grounds are not connected to the ground plane. I thought I corrected all of them before shipping but I might have missed one or two. Check all power ports with power cables disconnected and see if their grounds are connected to each other and power ground plane. If not, scrape gnd plane close to each power gnd pin and put a blob of solder to connect them to ground plane, if there isn’t one already.

Hmm ok that could be the issue as when I connected a USB cable to the Ardiuno its powered on but the OLED display shows "Error 20: LDR or power relays issue". I will check each ground pin of 3 power sockets (A+,R+,D+) and see if they are connected to the ground plane or not. If not then maybe my board has the problem that you mentioned of the bug.

One clarification from your initial post as well as over PMs the Arduino board which you sent along with mother board has all the firmware pre-installed right? I do not need to run any burn commands for any of the hex files as per your instructions in the Google drive in the LDR MKII folder? Or should I follow the setup instructions of biasing/calibration etc., from the old thread to get the values and set it using the display rather than the direct firmware changes and compile/upload to the Arduino.

Thanks

Ok I used the DMM to check the continuity of the each of the ground pin of the 3 power sockets after disconnecting the PSU wires. And none of the ground pins seems to be connected to the ground plane, I checked between the ground pins of the input RCA sides and they seem to be connected. So I used that as a reference and found that the power socket ground isn't connected. Should I just scratch a tiny bit near each of the power pin where I soldered and put a drop of solder to make the ground plane connection? I need to do this for each of the power ground pins.

I did this and see that the scratches are showing continuity will put a drop of solder from each of the power ground pins to the adjacent scratch part which is the ground plane. Please let me know on my other posts related to the firmware as I am having issues on Win 10 with the Arduino giving some OS issues.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I did this and see that the scratches are showing continuity will put a drop of solder from each of the power ground pins to the adjacent scratch part which is the ground plane. Please let me know on my other posts related to the firmware as I am having issues on Win 10 with the Arduino giving some OS issues.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You don't need to burn anything, arduino is preloaded with firmware. Just follow the setup instructions.

You don't need to burn anything, arduino is preloaded with firmware. Just follow the setup instructions.

Thanks as per my last postings I did put a solder on each of the power socket ground pins to the ground plane and tested on DMM that all the 3 A+,R+,D+ grounds are showing shorted to the ground plane.

Now when I power it up with testing that all the 3 outputs from Psu showing exactly +5v I see that the Arduino lights up and immediately I can hear the relay click sound and the display shows the same "Error 20: LDR or relay power failure". Earlier the Arduino was not getting powered up unless I connect the USB cable but now it gets powered which means the power is working fine. But why does the display coming up like this and intermittently I can see that the display shows for a second or so options of Adjust Bias etc.,

Last edited:
Thanks as per my last postings I did put a solder on each of the power socket ground pins to the ground plane and tested on DMM that all the 3 A+,R+,D+ grounds are showing shorted to the ground plane.

Now when I power it up with testing that all the 3 outputs from Psu showing exactly +5v I see that the Arduino lights up and immediately I can hear the relay click sound and the display shows the same "Error 20: LDR or relay power failure". Earlier the Arduino was not getting powered up unless I connect the USB cable but now it gets powered which means the power is working fine. But why does the display coming up like this and intermittently I can see that the display shows for a second or so options of Adjust Bias etc.,

Which display are you using?

Looks like you have errors in hardware. Doublecheck your soldering. Device should boot initially into setup menu if everything is fine.

Hmm then I guess because of the SMT relay soldering as they were too tight a space for me to solder after the first one. Thats a pain to check especially those relays which are soldered. Will it be because of this as the other hardware looks good for me. How do I start debugging this especially if its SMT based relays.

Thanks