Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching
LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th April 2019, 08:26 PM   #41
rpafenberg is offline rpafenberg  United States
diyAudio Member

Ned,

After some review, I found that I had inadvertently forgotten to solder one power pin on relay RE2. Now after the splash screen all I see are three dots on the bottom. I then tried my second board. It came up in the configuration menu and I completed all configuration steps successfully and it finished in the standard working menu. I then powered it off and at the next power up it also came up with three dots on the bottom of the screen. Any ideas?

Regards,

Roy
Old 5th April 2019, 08:33 PM   #42
diyAudio Member

Manniraj,

On the power supply board, follow the directions on the back. It is required to get the proper voltages. Mine are working correctly.

As for the parts on the left side of the main board, you can ignore them. They are for an on-board power supply that apparently hasn't been tested. You are using the external power supply so they will not be required. The BOM is assuming that you are using the external supply. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Roy
Old 5th April 2019, 09:33 PM   #43
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpafenberg View Post
Ned,

After some review, I found that I had inadvertently forgotten to solder one power pin on relay RE2. Now after the splash screen all I see are three dots on the bottom. I then tried my second board. It came up in the configuration menu and I completed all configuration steps successfully and it finished in the standard working menu. I then powered it off and at the next power up it also came up with three dots on the bottom of the screen. Any ideas?

Regards,

Roy

Thatís a feature

Device boots in standby mode. You need to wake it up by pressing play button for three seconds.
Old 5th April 2019, 11:59 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

So that's what standby mode looks like. I see that info is in the first post. I didn't remember.
Old 6th April 2019, 03:56 AM   #45
manniraj is offline manniraj  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdr View Post
In short- donít solder anything not in Bom.
Thanks Ned, can you also point me to C9 & C12 on the board as I could find couple of resistors below the Arduino board and not these caps.
Old 6th April 2019, 03:57 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Manniraj,

On the power supply board, follow the directions on the back. It is required to get the proper voltages. Mine are working correctly.

As for the parts on the left side of the main board, you can ignore them. They are for an on-board power supply that apparently hasn't been tested. You are using the external power supply so they will not be required. The BOM is assuming that you are using the external supply. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Roy
Thank you
Old 6th April 2019, 04:47 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So that's what standby mode looks like. I see that info is in the first post. I didn't remember.
So which OLED display are you using it?
Old 6th April 2019, 10:19 AM   #48
diyAudio Member

Manniraj,

I like wide.hk's blue OLED version because it has screw holes on the sides. But any of the SSD1306 variants will do.

2.42 SSD1306 OLED
Old 6th April 2019, 10:52 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

Thanks, can someone suggest good quality wires to use on this board to connect the wiring to the power/input/output signals. I see that the main board accepts some kind of small molex sockets but not sure which are the right ones to use based on the size. i usually source my small items via aliexpress.com, so if Ned can suggest all the required cables then it would save me sometime. By the way I have soldered all the resistors and ordered the remaining parts should receive them in couple of weeks time.

I am going to use the chassis mounted CMC RCA jacks so I presume the main board inputs/outputs mounting holes are like Left/Right and then the center hole is the common ground. Please clarify.
Old 6th April 2019, 07:56 PM   #50
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I updated BOM with connectors/cables that fit the board. You are correct about the ground.

LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switchingHide this!Advertise here!