LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching

26495336378_35f305f171_o.jpg

I see that you are no longer using the 270R voltage dropping resister for the relays. Is the relay still the same as previous versions, i.e. the AGN200A4H.

It also looks like you have dropped the four 33K resisters, the two 1.2K and 2 2.2K resisters and replace them with four 500R resisters. Also a 2.2K and a 1K resister have been added to the left side of the board.

Also, the left side of the board includes a number of power supply options and other surface mount devices that are not clear. Which, if any, are not required with the external power supply board what are the new parts that are not optional. A schematic that incorporates the changes and some part numbers would be really helpful.

Regards,

Roy

I see that you are no longer using the 270R voltage dropping resister for the relays. Is the relay still the same as previous versions, i.e. the AGN200A4H.

It also looks like you have dropped the four 33K resisters, the two 1.2K and 2 2.2K resisters and replace them with four 500R resisters. Also a 2.2K and a 1K resister have been added to the left side of the board.

Also, the left side of the board includes a number of power supply options and other surface mount devices that are not clear. Which, if any, are not required with the external power supply board what are the new parts that are not optional. A schematic that incorporates the changes and some part numbers would be really helpful.

Regards,

Roy

You pretty much called out all the changes.

1) SMD devices on the left are not used, unless you want to have regulators on board and drive the board with single 9V switching power supply. Never tested it.
2) 500 R replaced impedance switching resistors. No impedance switching - no need for two resistor ranges (33K and 1.2K/2,2K)
3) 1k2 and 2k2 on the left to leave empty as well, there were planned for external voltage reference and never used.
4) 270R resistors around relays are not needed any more, since PS is delivering 5V everywhere. Relays used are small signal 4.5 or 5V, same as in previous versions.
5) Since the creation of AIO board I have been making changes directly to PCB, so schematics does not exist I'm afraid. I just did not have time to repair numerous mismatches between schematics and the board.
6) power supply bom is the same, apart from the regulators - you need to use three of the same type, LM7805. There is additional option for SMD bridge if you want it, its onsemi DFS04 (or any DFS0*).

Well the good news, at least if you are in the US, is that it will be a bit cheaper to have you integrate the relays on the board; less DIY work and lower price. Looks like it would be better to change the transformer on the PS board to something closer to 5V. Doesn't seem to make any sense to have the PS dissipate the extra power. Have you figured out a different transformer that will fit the PS PCB form factor?

Well the good news, at least if you are in the US, is that it will be a bit cheaper to have you integrate the relays on the board; less DIY work and lower price. Looks like it would be better to change the transformer on the PS board to something closer to 5V. Doesn't seem to make any sense to have the PS dissipate the extra power. Have you figured out a different transformer that will fit the PS PCB form factor?

Transformers supported are the one from Triad as well as european ones, 10VA EI48-2, 2x6V:

FS12-1000-C2 Triad Magnetics | Transformers | DigiKey

VC 10/2/6 | 6V ac 2 Output Through Hole PCB Transformer, 10VA | RS Components

Form factor should be the same as the power rating remained unchanged, only voltage is 2x6V instead of 2x12V.

Hi zdr did you try ssd1309 oled?

2.42" 1309 can be found for 15€ on aexpress.

Hope I will convert my aio 4x2 to your new mk2 version easily.
Nice work

I have to agree. The 2.42 inch LCD Screen 12864 OLED Display Module IIC I2C SPI Serial C51 STM32 SSD1309 for Arduino 128X64 is a beautiful display.
2.42 inch LCD Screen 12864 OLED Display Module IIC I2C SPI Serial C51 STM32 SSD1309 for Arduino 128X64 White/Blue/Green/Yellow-in Instrument Parts & Accessories from Tools on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Any chance this will work with your latest code base?

-Michael

I have to agree. The 2.42 inch LCD Screen 12864 OLED Display Module IIC I2C SPI Serial C51 STM32 SSD1309 for Arduino 128X64 is a beautiful display.
2.42 inch LCD Screen 12864 OLED Display Module IIC I2C SPI Serial C51 STM32 SSD1309 for Arduino 128X64 White/Blue/Green/Yellow-in Instrument Parts & Accessories from Tools on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Any chance this will work with your latest code base?

-Michael

I've been there, I still own one of those collecting dust in the drawer.

2.42" OLED SSD1309 with U8GLIB

I gave up trying eventually. I might give it another try, but not any time soon. I am entering my new house renovation project next week, and I will be down under for next couple of months.

Few queries on the BoM against the PCB markings.

Main board:
1. I see some SMD capacitors marked on the board but not listing on the BoM like C23, C25 etc left side of the Nano board.
2. Cx with 470uf 10v is not listed on the BoM but available on the board.
3. In fact all the SMD parts near the Cx are not listed in the BoM, I presume they are not required. Please clarify.
4. May be I have become blind but could not find C9/C12 on the board and listed on the BoM but could find C8/23 which is rated 220nf (0.22uf) :)

Regarding the PSU board, the BoM says do not short any of the jumpers but the back of the board shows how to short it for the required voltages like 220AC etc., So should we short or not to get the A+, D+ and R+ DC voltages as required for the main board?

Thanks

Ned,

I am getting an error 23 RSE Power Failure at boot up. I assumed that it must be a problem with Q3, which in my case is the surface mount FDV301N. I replaced the transistor but continue to receive the same error message.

I notice that the error message is new, as it is not covered in the manual for the previous version. Could you tell me what problem the message is reporting and also provide diagnostics for any other new error messages that we might come across in this adventure.

Regards,

Roy

Few queries on the BoM against the PCB markings.

Main board:

1. I see some SMD capacitors marked on the board but not listing on the BoM like C23, C25 etc left side of the Nano board.

2. Cx with 470uf 10v is not listed on the BoM but available on the board.

3. In fact all the SMD parts near the Cx are not listed in the BoM, I presume they are not required. Please clarify.

4. May be I have become blind but could not find C9/C12 on the board and listed on the BoM but could find C8/23 which is rated 220nf (0.22uf) :)

Regarding the PSU board, the BoM says do not short any of the jumpers but the back of the board shows how to short it for the required voltages like 220AC etc., So should we short or not to get the A+, D+ and R+ DC voltages as required for the main board?

Thanks

In short- don’t solder anything not in Bom.

Ned,

I am getting an error 23 RSE Power Failure at boot up. I assumed that it must be a problem with Q3, which in my case is the surface mount FDV301N. I replaced the transistor but continue to receive the same error message.

I notice that the error message is new, as it is not covered in the manual for the previous version. Could you tell me what problem the message is reporting and also provide diagnostics for any other new error messages that we might come across in this adventure.

Regards,

Roy

Firmware has more granular error reporting. In your case something is wrong with whole dac channel driving ldr reported. Previously, it would have been reported as error 20, leaving you to guess if it’s relays or any of the LDRs.