Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2019, 02:22 AM   #121
Chris Daly is offline Chris Daly  Australia
diyAudio Member

Just asking, Why is your design using relays for input switching ? A natural property of the NSL32SR3 is to exhibit more than sufficient input isolation when the anode no longer receives current.

Suggest you should make use of this to achieve contact-less input switching- hence the relays are not needed at all.
Old 20th May 2019, 04:35 AM   #122
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Daly View Post
Just asking, Why is your design using relays for input switching ? A natural property of the NSL32SR3 is to exhibit more than sufficient input isolation when the anode no longer receives current.

Suggest you should make use of this to achieve contact-less input switching- hence the relays are not needed at all.

Good idea for MkIII
Old 20th May 2019, 04:42 AM   #123
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manniraj View Post
If I reset the parameters to default also the calibration is stuck on step2.

Upon resetting power unit showing error 21: LSE power failue.

When adjusting bias and updating params to actual values the error disappears but calibration not progressing.

Also observed in adjust bias mode, the measured resistance slowly drifting down below 700K as time progresses and upon restart of unit and immediately checking bias showing above 700K and drifting down. Is this normal or what could be wrong with any specific parts especially the SMD mosfets?

Seems to be the LDR are fine and no issues but calibration not progressing in step 2 looks like some issue with Nano and its ability to compute the values properly.

Thanks

So nano computes just fine for everyone else only fails for you and you deduct it must be nano? Maybe we should all replace our nanos or maybe even better you replace all your LDRs which you already reversed
Old 20th May 2019, 12:44 PM   #124
manniraj is offline manniraj  India
diyAudio Member

I am only guessing that if all is fine the only thing left to check is my Nano board, that is the reason I just inquired if I should look into the Nano. But anyway I am going to replace all the LDRs and the SMD mosfets in couple of weeks time or so as my new parts will take sometime to arrive. I just hope this works as I just love the way this is designed and user friendly especially with the OLED display.

Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 07:57 PM   #125
ernesternest is offline ernesternest  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default 2K2 Resistor

Hello Ned, I am a confused about the 2K2 Resistors in your design. The pcb shows 6 positions for it, the BOM shows 6 position numbers but they only partly match. The BOM quantity shows 2.
Two of the positions on the pcb are underneath the arduino.

I guess, there are four needed on the pcb close to the trimmers, but are the two underneath the arduino needed?

Cheers

Ernst
Old 2nd June 2019, 10:11 PM   #126
diyAudio Member

They are pull up resistors for i2c bus, they are required. I will update the bom.
Old 3rd June 2019, 03:02 AM   #127
diyAudio Member

Great, thank you!
Old 3rd June 2019, 06:42 PM   #128
diyAudio Member

Default Optocouplers

Hi again, I've almost finished the whole thing. One question I still have in regarding the LDRs. The dots on the LR have to match the dots on the pcb I strongly guess. When I look at your boards, all LDRs are orientated in the same way regarding there naming on top of the LDRs. In my case I have LDRs in both orientations. Is this ok?

Cheers

Ernst
Old 4th June 2019, 02:09 AM   #129
rbalu72 is offline rbalu72  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesternest View Post
Hi again, I've almost finished the whole thing. One question I still have in regarding the LDRs. The dots on the LR have to match the dots on the pcb I strongly guess. When I look at your boards, all LDRs are orientated in the same way regarding there naming on top of the LDRs. In my case I have LDRs in both orientations. Is this ok?

Cheers

Ernst
Dot on the LDRs must align with Dot on the PCB (other letters on top of the LDR and their orientation is immaterial).

All LDRs are oriented in the same way (by aligining the Dot with dot on pcb)

Ensure this before powering up the unit.
Old 4th June 2019, 03:08 AM   #130
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the confirmation!

LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switchingHide this!Advertise here!