Chopped audio on low volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old and cheap RCA home theater. (rca rtd325w)
Probably since it was bought it has an amplifying flaw or something related.

Whenever used from HDMI/OPTICAL/RCA/LINE IN:
When playing anything on it, if the volume is always up, it wont have issues.
The problem comes when the source of audio (eg aux line in), is in low volume.

Whenever audio isn't continous or is "low or quiet" sound is lost, and there is a small delay for the audio to come back up when another loud enough sound comes up.
So lets say you're playing avengers movie, there is a scene and they are talking, at a moment there isnt noise because it isnt loud enough for it, and then an explosion sound comes up and its inicial boom is chopped as the RCA chopped it as if it was noise.

So the problem seems to be the cheap chinese amplifiers or anti-noise circuitry.

Is there any way to hack its hardware to avoid this "low dB audio filtering"?

I couldn't find much information about this, is it possible to preamplify the line in jack to avoid this issue?
I notticed that when used with my laptops maxx audio 4 jack, the volume is less likely to be lost, as im thinking it sends a more powerful and amplified signal.

I dont want to drop this to trash... any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Yes, I have noticed that it solves the problem most of the time, and it is often better depending on the audio source, for example my laptop with a better audio output (maxx audio 4) sounds great all the time used this way, but others are not as good.

That is why I was thinking on a preamplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.