Brian Clark G.S.I. Electronic Crossover X-1

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Does anyone have any info on this active crossover? I picked one up on the bay and wondering what the crossover point is (the X-1 is a 2 way).

I would open it up but I do not yet have it in my possession...was planning on sending tone thru it to try to determine the crossover point...need around 250hz for my Magnepans...

Anyone familiar with it?

Just saw this (can you tell I don't come here often ?). That unit uses the formula c = one over F, so (for example) a .01 capacitor will get you 100-hz rolloff and so forth. They can be upgraded with better chips and larger power supply filters (we have serviced a few), and it's still a damn good crossover by today's standards. I still service the old NYAL and GSI products from time to time. I don't have too much documentation, since GSI was closed about 30 years ago.

Fuchs Audio Technology

I have a bunch of Brian Clark/GSI preamp schematics that I got from Andy Fuchs of GSI many years ago. Try Andy at Fuchsaudiotechnology.

Craig
Hey , would it be possible to get some of those schematics ? I message Fuchs and he said he didn't have anything or info about gsi products but will be will to repair my gsi 4tp preamplifier. Would love to get mine up but someone did a modification. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230121_102932144.jpg
    IMG_20230121_102932144.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 44