Subsonic filter 80 hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
50W to a driver unit which claims 20W max will lead to a short and spectacular life. You have read the datasheet?

Yes I have read it 😀 but what I mean is that if you have 50 watt total power, most of it will be in the bass range. Like this--> a 20 hz signal will send more power tru a speaker than a 40hz signal or a 80 hz signal.

Correct me if i'm wrong

to the OP:
I don't really understand what you mean by '100W'.
ie are you filtering the pre amplifier signal or at the speaker itself ?
What is the signal - White / Pink Noise ?
How do you know it's '100W' ?

Not meaning to be over critical - I get that you want to filter out the bottom end as lots of energy there which won't be reproduced by the speaker and is a danger to it. I do the same thing on a different scale with bass guitar amplification to cut out the 'thumps' etc.

By 100 watts (think i'm going for 50 watts) I mean that I buy a amplifier board with 2×50 watt RMS with 2x100 watt peak. My tought was to filtering the pre amp signal.
The signal is music

By 100 watts (think i'm going for 50 watts) I mean that I buy a amplifier board with 2×50 watt RMS with 2x100 watt peak. My tought was to filtering the pre amp signal.
The signal is music

yes but you won't know how many Watts (W) you are generating.
You can put out a small signall from a powerful amplifier.
And if you turn the level up it will clip which will be bad for your speaker.
I'm sure that there are people here who can articulate this better than I can :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.