cheap ebay crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DC 12V-24V Low-pass Filter NE5532 Subwoofer 2.1CH/Pre-Amplifier Preamp Board | eBay

I just built this and tried, it was very loud at first, with transparent sound.. I connected the rca ground to pc ground.. (by accident)

now it makes all kinds of sounds and only works at full volume, otherwise it picks up all kinds of noise wasnt there first.. also sounds a bit quieter

and the same noise comes through the sub output and main outs. is there anything else that could be broken expect for op amps?

Last edited:
two more questions;

can the hum damage or be degrading for my active speakers? which are audio pro add'ones. is there a difference between ac and dc here??

I remember if having like it outputting dc (in a broken circuit) it could do some damage.. measure it? any idea what this damaged part of the signal looks like on a scope?

Also I bought a tube buffer from ebay, which had a strong dc? in the output. is this also damaging? I think it was supposed to work between DAC and pre, where as I connected it straight to speakers. So I didnt have a good end result. I guess it was supposed to go after pre so the op amps cut out the dc signal driving the altered tube buffer signal.

I wonder how the NE5532 broke so easily

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.