Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Preamp Control - Volume, input, mute, remote
Preamp Control - Volume, input, mute, remote
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2018, 04:55 PM   #21
johnhenryharris is offline johnhenryharris  United States
diyAudio Member

The costs: if you fully populate the board for Balanced operation then buying in quantity we were hitting about $115 USD, w/o the PCBs. if you only want to do single ended then around $90 USD.
Old 22nd August 2018, 05:48 PM   #22
viki_v2 is offline viki_v2  India
diyAudio Member

Volume, input and remote without any programming is very good. I will be ordering the pcbs soon. Can you provide Step by Step assembly instructions.

Thank You for the gerbers.
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:42 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

The Bill of material has the reference designations that follow the PCB so stuffing is very straight forward. Wiring to the board is very simple, once you see the PCB and the schematic it will hopefully be obvious, If not post questions so anyone else can learn from it as well.
Old 22nd August 2018, 11:03 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Just tried looking at the BOM again and it isn't showing everything so I have zipped the Excel file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Digital Volume Control-Rev3.zip (28.4 KB, 68 views)
Old 23rd August 2018, 08:36 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

I added line 63 to the Rev 2 BOM which is a 500 pf cap, on only change to Rev 3 so even though the file name has R2 it is R3.
Old 5th September 2018, 07:13 PM   #26
rpafenberg is online now rpafenberg  United States
diyAudio Member

John,

This seems to be just what I was looking for. How do I go about purchasing a set of boards from your audio business friend?

Regards,

Roy
Old 10th September 2018, 06:48 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

sorry for the delay. you can get in touch with Peter Noerbaek of PBN Audio at pbnaudio@me.com
Old 12th September 2018, 12:33 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

I found a few obsolete parts in the bill of materials that I couldn’t work around through the primary venders or the alternative parts listed.

1. Line 35, D1, Bridge Rectifier, 2A 4-SIP, KBP package, mfg. part KBP204G-G. For this, I was able to find a similar product from Digikey by Comchip Technology, # 641-1735-ND.

2. Line 97, U1, Linx Technologies, input encoder, 8-DIP package, mfg. part LICAL-ENC-LS001. This is not an area I feel technically competent enough to find a substitute.

3. Line 114, AAA Battery holder, Eagle, mfg. part 12BH431A-GR. If you are going to use your own remote-control shell, then you can find your own alternative. If you are planning to use the shell the remote control board was designed for, available from Peter Noerbaek for $40.00, then you don’t have that option.

Another problem part is the bulk 24 wire ribbon cable (line 57). While it is available through Mouser or Digikey, the quantity is far more than required for one or two projects and the pricing is prohibitive. Any help on these parts would be appreciated.
Old 12th September 2018, 05:25 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

for the bridge rectifier KBP204G is a good part number and KBP210G is the replacement part number.

I will call Link Tech and see what would be a good replacement chip.

for the battery holder any side by side 3 AAA battery holder is good.
you could use 12BHC431A-GR or 12BHC431/C-GR

looking at the Mouser website I see they see the ribbon cable by the foot under part number 191-2801-124
Old 12th September 2018, 07:13 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Thanks!

Preamp Control - Volume, input, mute, remoteHide this!Advertise here!