programming FIR Filters for the ES9018 DAC as a cross-over?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
According to the data sheet, the ES9018 can be programmed to use custom coefficients in the 2 stage FIR filter.
The way how to enter the coefficients is the registry is described quite clearly. But does anyone know to calculate these coefficients?
Each of the 8 channels can be programmed to have its own filter. Would it not be an ideal solution to making it a great and simple cross-over?

I now run the cross-over on the PC, sending 8 channels over USB to XMOS and than to 4 I2S datalines to the ES9018.
If I knew how to model the filters, I could skip the PC filters.

I have been looking everywhere invain for information on it, and I'm no FIR/DSP expert. Does anyone know how to do this?

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The ADC version has a broken programming function. Maybe the DAC works?? I cant recall anyone doing it.

Its programmed by entering biquads into a register. To know the registers one needs to sign a NTA with ESS.

It's a somewhat tuff territory...

//

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.