Wanted: Cheap Active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If I'm reading the Dayton mini spec correctly then the low pass filter ONLY gives an output to drive the bass only speaker.
It has an RCA low level input.
It appears to also have a high level input. Does this bypass the internal amplifier?
I don't know what the high level output is for. Could it be to drive a second bass only speaker (without it's own amplifier)?

8" long throw will struggle to give adequate bass levels whenever you turn up the volume.
Buy three, or four and spread them around the room to increase levels for louder audio and to even out the room effects.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The cheapest active XO that sounds great just might be a $80 miniDSP and a pair of $15 Class D amps like TDA7498E. Amazing flexibility and nice sound quality. You will be hard pressed to get opamp xo’s to sound as nice and be able to tweak on the fly. I have priced it before vs passive crossover and the miniDSP costs less than most passives.

If I'm reading the Dayton mini spec correctly then the low pass filter ONLY gives an output to drive the bass only speaker.<snip>

After reading the questions and specs I believe you can take the leads containing the full range signal from an amp and plug them into the high level input. The built in crossover then filters the bass to the sub and the rest to the high level output. I am not totally sure what the rca is for then. If you look at the back panel of the speaker, under the spring terminals for the high input it says from amp. I am also using this speaker in a small bedroom so more than one seems excessive...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.