Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

any way to connect old school stereo receiver to A/V receiver
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th November 2017, 05:23 PM   #11
silentecho77 is offline silentecho77  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Thx for all the useful info, 1 more thing...

thank you very much for the "helpful" replies,one more question, after i make the patch cord how do i hook the 2 amps up so the insignia is the main controler for settings, also i just realized i will be using the playlist on my phone and neither amp is Bluetooth so i will be plugging into my phone with a headphone jack that splits into L&R rca males (I have 2 of those), do i still need a patch cord if i buy a headphone jack splitter that has 3 headphone plugs 1 male, 2 female, then plug both my other splitters into each receiver? My high output expertise is actually in building H.O. subwoofer boxes, not the electronics, I was planning on wiring the speakers in series to bring the ohms up, 3 subs are amplified and I know how to hook up the passive subs to the amp through the active subs, I could just hook up what i know how and b done with it, but I was hoping to learn more and see if there was a way to hook both receivers together and maybe hook it ALL up. i'm not worried about the receivers, they are cheap and outdated, and i'm not going to be blasting them for extended periods of time, just long enough to wake them up and go knock on their door every morning until they understand my point, thx again for the stereo related replies, much appreciated.
ps
i have already decided my music choice- "Peace sells, but who's buyin" by Megadeth
🤘👽🤘
Old 25th November 2017, 07:07 PM   #12
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

I'd look at Parts Express for sub questions,
just wire all the amps to the same source, being your "my phone with a headphone jack"
Old 26th November 2017, 05:38 PM   #13
WBS is offline WBS  United States
diyAudio Member

FYI:
City of Columbia, MO DIVISION 12; OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER
Sec. 16-176.1. - Peace disturbance
(a) A person commits the crime of peace disturbance if:

(1) He unreasonably and knowingly disturbs or alarms another person or persons by:
a. Loud noise.

(b) Peace disturbance is a class B misdemeanor.

You might not want to "rat" your neighbor out, but he or she might not feel the same way. Do you really want to risk being charged with a misdemeanor being vindictive???
Old 27th November 2017, 01:23 AM   #14
HarryY is offline HarryY  United States
diyAudio Member

I would tend to believe that the law would actually be on the side of
the neighbor since the OP is seeking justice without legal authority.

It really is unwise to seek "Payback" over such a trivial matter.

Last edited by HarryY; 27th November 2017 at 01:26 AM.
Old 28th November 2017, 04:43 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

ok you guys changed my whole belief system, you are so wise, thank you soooooooooo much.

unbeleivable
Old 28th November 2017, 05:18 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

well since this is a noise ordinance thread now and not a stereo thread like i asked, I'll tell you how it went...it worked out great, I woke them up 3 mornings in a row, on the 3rd morning they answered the door when i knocked, they promised not to play it loud after midnight as long as dont play it loud in the mornings. They also said they really appreciated me not calling the police on them and having the guts to deal with it to their face instead of behind their back like a punk.
Old 28th November 2017, 05:27 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

if I would have followed the trolls advice (that i didnt ask for and said i didnt want) we would still be feuding and hating each other instead of being civil and talking when we see each other...if giving your opinions mean so much to you guys that you still have to do it even when asked not to, then you should give me your emails so i can pass them along to some companies i know of that will pay you to force your opinions on others, you would be great at it, make a lot of money, and be busy elsewhere so those of us wanting to discuss diy Audio subjects in audio forums can do it in peace.
Old 28th November 2017, 05:28 AM   #18
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Glad to be of assistance :-)
Old 28th November 2017, 02:27 PM   #19
WBS is offline WBS  United States
diyAudio Member

Happy it worked out for you!

BTW, maybe you haven't figured this out since you joined last summer, this is a public forum that is open to anyone wishing to share their ideas as long as they conform with the terms of service. If you are looking for something other than that then I'm sure you'll figure out what to do.
Old 5th December 2017, 01:16 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

good to know that's how it works on this forum, someone asks for help with something and its ok to to post your opinions on how others should live their lives rather than help that person or answer their questions, got it 👌, and here all this time I've just been thinkin it was rude, thx 4 setting this newbie straight.

any way to connect old school stereo receiver to A/V receiverHide this!Advertise here!