Check my measurement of Input Transformer pls

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not quite sure where to put this question. I've not used an oscilloscope before and bought myself a basic picoscope. I'm using it to check wiring of an input transformer, which is an Audio Note "DAC 4".

If I recall correctly this can be used to convert between balanced and single-ended. One side has red, green, black wires and the other yellow, blue.

I set up the picoscope waveform generator with a sine wave, 1Khz, 1V and measured the same, which shows on the picoscope as 1.88V pp, nice sine wave but I guess dropping some voltage through resistances. All probes for this exercise were set to x1.

With the input applied across yellow/blue, attached is the output measuring across each half of the output (A = Red to Black, B = Green to Black). Nice out of phase sine waves, but there's quite a difference between the amplitude of the two ? Looking at the scope measures at the bottom of the screen, adding A and B peak-to-peak gives more or less the input peak-to-peak, allowing for error. I'm concerned this transformer isn't accurately centre-tapped and by using it I'll distort the signal.

Is this likely to just be instrument inaccuracies (picoscope, probes) or am I doing something wrong (being a self-confessed scope newbie).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Another screen shot. The right hand axis is 500mv whereas as the left is 1v, haven't figured out how to change that yet lol.

However the rulers across confirm the previous measures, that the two phases are not equal and opposite.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 155
AUDIO NOTE TT7692 BLU
x RhythMick

Hi,
I also have a pair of these Audio Note TT7692 BLU transformers.
I have never been able to use them due to lack of technical data.
I would be infinitely grateful if all you have as technical information of these transformers would publish it here.

Thank you

AUDIO NOTE TT7692 BLU
x RhythMick

Hi,
I also have a pair of these Audio Note TT7692 BLU transformers.
I have never been able to use them due to lack of technical data.
I would be infinitely grateful if all you have as technical information of these transformers would publish it here.

Thank you

Attached is the diagram kindly provided to me by Peter Qvortrup of Audio Note.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 75
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.