AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Output

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I know I like 0.05% H2 and 10x less H3 and nothing else. It always sounds better this way. And on a zero feedback SE Class A amp, it will always beat a regular high negative feedback H3 dominant LTP front end based amp in a blind test. But, even an amp with only 0.005% H2 and monotonically descending harmonic profile will beat a H3 dominant amp that has lower THD.

Last edited:
Yes, post 777 is it. If you have questions along the way, just ask here and we will try to answer in same day.
Good luck!
Good luck..... Hope luck isn't required? Just wanted to confirm those changes on 777 are all, once I start soldering not a lot stops me till I'm done!

So as I'm building as a pre not a HPA I can lower the gain?

Thanks, will post if I have any issues during the build. Great to know support is available.

Cheers

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Regarding DB's, it's mostly down to assembly as measured distortion between different ones are about the same. The TH version lets you add a big heatsink and use a 2SA1837 and boost bias current for headphone amp though. The miniMELF SMT version is tough to make since miniMELFs are hard to find in US at places like Mouser or Digikey - they were out of stock on lots of them so go 0805/1206 SMT if you want to make those. Technically, the SMT should have lower noise since parts are smaller and traces shorter.

The V2.0 SMT transistors will have similar THD, although I have seen that the SMT layout may have lower THD than the TH version. Use of metal thin film transistors for the outputs and feedback makes a difference though. Do not use metal oxide resistors on the feedback.

Do you mean resistors?

I saw that in the normal version, in the HV version, in the M2 hybrid version and in the M2X doughter board, the transistors are different.

AS I will go with the hybrid M2 version without edcor and with only 3 transistors, best to use are?

BC857
BC556
2N5401
KSA992

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Melbourne DB for M2X progress is coming along:
attachment.php

attachment.php