AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Output

Hi X, just a heads up. I've noticed that most of the pictures you post are much too big for my screen, (although the resolution is set as high as it can go on my 23" monitor - 1680x1050).

Maybe you can reduce the size a bit before posting. I normally use the Resize tool in Paint on my Windows box to prepare pics for posting. On Linux and OS X you're on your own :D (just kidding). This list of free graphics apps should bail you out.

Just cased it up now I can take it with me to work :)

657427d1516257664-aksa-lender-hpa-aksa-lender-hpa-amp-03-jpg

What size case is that? It seems just the right size.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi X, just a heads up. I've noticed that most of the pictures you post are much too big for my screen, (although the resolution is set as high as it can go on my 23" monitor - 1680x1050).

Maybe you can reduce the size a bit before posting. I normally use the Resize tool in Paint on my Windows box to prepare pics for posting. On Linux and OS X you're on your own :D (just kidding). This list of free graphics apps should bail you out.

I normally resize to 1200pix wide - must have been an errant photo that I posted raw. Sorry about that. It’s annoying, I know.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Skylar,
It’s in the GB thread post 1 if you want to get building.

AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Ouput GB

Depending on which daughterboard you are making, the schematic and BOM is different. I think you are doing through hole so look for that.

Schematic for TH DB:
649512d1512425408-aksas-lender-preamp-40vpp-ouput-gb-jps64-aksa-lender-preamp-th-daughterboard-schematic-png

Schematic for MB:
649511d1512424995-aksas-lender-preamp-40vpp-ouput-gb-jps64-aksa-lender-preamp-main-schematic-png

Revised BOM for MB:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...vpp-ouput-gb-aksa-lender-mb_pl_04_01_2018-zip

BOM for TH DB:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...eamp-40vpp-output-diy-aksa-lender-pre-tht-zip

Stuffing guide:
657357d1516206987-aksas-lender-preamp-40vpp-ouput-gb-th-placement-stuffing-guide-jpg

Last edited:
I´ve to clarify one point and I´ve to say that I´ve never started Melf/Minimelf GB then nobody interested.

I´ve sending and going to send a few sets from my private stock that´s all.

Is there a demand for Melf/Minimelf sets? I would start a GB if more then 20 participants.

JP

I´ve to clarify one point and I´ve to say that I´ve never started Melf/Minimelf GB then nobody interested.

I´ve sending and going to send a few sets from my private stock that´s all.

Is there a demand for Melf/Minimelf sets? I would start a GB if more then 20 participants.

JP

I would be interested in a few sets if you do start a gb. No worries if you don't have enough interest.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hey X,

What input caps did you settle on for your AKSA Lender Pre that you're using to drive your ALPHA 20W?

I was using CBB 3.3uF 250v MKT (cheap no name) and quite happy with it. I tried switching to Dayton 10uF PMPC-10 1% 250V caps I had lying around from a crossover project and really could not tell a difference. I may try a 4.7uF 60V Wima MKP next. So not settled really, but then, not unhappy either. I do know that a 10uF 35v Elna Silmic II has always been a good standby, you really can't go wrong with it, other than if you are an elco cap hater, it works fine too.

Thanks X. I was curious to see where you ended up on the uF value as well as what those caps were that you used in your first build. I'm planning on starting with the Elnas and going from there. I might bypass with various films to see if there's a difference there. I also have some 4.7uF Mundorf Evo Oils on the way from partsconnexion. Curious to try some cap rolling and see if I hear any differences. I've been itching to populate boards. We just had our 2nd kid so sneaking out to the garage hasn't been an option lately.