Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

OP275 to drive low impedance network?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st November 2017, 08:55 PM   #11
Fast Eddie D is offline Fast Eddie D  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayma View Post
Have you contacted your local low vision support organizations? There are many in your area.
I never heard of such a thing. I'll look into it.

Maybe they can help me get a job. People want to hire me. They know I can still work and have a lot to offer. But corporate eggheads don't want the liability of employing an over 50 person with less than perfect health. Or so I'm told anyway.

Quote:
You also can use a large screen WiFi tablet as a phone via Google.
Thanks.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:01 PM   #12
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie D View Post
I never heard of such a thing. I'll look into it.
Please do, there are many people in the same situation.

Low Vision Support Group
This group meets on the second Tuesday of every month at 1:30 p.m.
Meetings are held at the Smith Activities Center, 5120 Galitz, Skokie.

Also check this out: https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10052.pdf

Last edited by rayma; 1st November 2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:04 PM   #13
billshurv is offline billshurv  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Sucky. One of my best developers has 10% vision. He has a guide dog and 2 very large monitors on the desk and does a great job. And I get a dog to pet in the office. His web pages are always compliant to visibility requirements as well, which saves a lot of rework.

Fingers crossed someone does pick you up soon.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:28 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Thanks to all.

It's lawyers and insurance companies that call the shots in the boardroom now. The last "real" job I had was in 2009. It's been hustle hustle since then.

This legal environment has skewed employment opportunities for many deserving candidates. This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me.

I hope it's OK to say that my country is in a very dark place now. (No pun intended.)
Old 1st November 2017, 09:29 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I hope it's OK to say that my country is in a very dark place now. (No pun intended.)
In all conceivable ways.
Old 2nd November 2017, 03:19 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayma View Post
In all conceivable ways.
I already lived through the 1960s, with race riots right around the corner and nazis goose stepping through my yard. It was scary, but now is scarier. I'm beyond appalled at the state of things. I honestly never thought it would come to this.
Old 4th November 2017, 03:38 AM   #17
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

I am well past 50. I was not seeing too well. Because of another problem, I didn't attend to it. When I was better, I went "for new glasses" and the eye-guy sent me right over to the cataract guy. I am now SO MUCH better; better than new (always was some near-sighted). I hope that is your problem, and that you can get funded to fix it. I do know many other less solvable eye problems (my friend left nose-prints on his monitor; another friend flirts with macular degeneration).

As for that circuit: fat crayon, big sheet paper. Get the local kid to snap a picture and post it somewhere, tell you the "URL" or any breadcrumb trail so as we can find it.
Old 4th November 2017, 03:08 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

I already took some pictures with my new cellphone. Most did not come out very well. I fumbled around but was unable to upload any. It is very frustrating and embarrassing. I do not like asking anyone for any help either. I am fighting to remain as independent as possible.

I do need to go to the doctor, but I haven't even had insurance for 4 years now. Don't tell me about Obamacare - it would cost about 80% of my income. It's a sad pathetic joke. What I need is a job with insurance. And it's hard to get a job when your health is obviously deteriorated - not only am I Mr. Magoo, but I have two shot knees (obvious when I walk), a hernia the size of a baseball (I already had four fixed when I was a first class citizen with real insurance), a bad ankle, a bad shoulder, and I found out I'm pre diabetic (which would explain my weight going up and down so much). So I'm in that hard place. I need a job to get insurance, and I'm too much of a wreck to get a job. I'm not exaggerating when I say that people LAUGH IN MY FACE when I go for an interview. It's quite humiliating.
Old 4th November 2017, 03:15 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

And I'm moving in a different direction with this circuit. I'm using inverting configuration and adding a feature. I'm breaking it into two boards. I ordered some op amps to try.
Old 4th November 2017, 08:33 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I do need to go to the doctor, but I haven't even had insurance for 4 years now.
Sorry. I do think that PRR could be right. Cataracts can be completely "cured" by replacing
the natural lens with a plastic lens. You should be checked out by an ophthalmologist soon.
Maybe your Skokie low vision group will have some suggestions. Medicaid might be an option for you.

OP275 to drive low impedance network?Hide this!Advertise here!