Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Standby/Auto Off-On
Standby/Auto Off-On
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2017, 07:13 PM   #11
nattawa is offline nattawa  Canada
diyAudio Member

Never have done it myself, but I think it wouldn't be too hard to utilize the zero-detection offered by some DAC ICs, such as PCM1738, that puts out a logic level when prolonged digital silence is detected. That would be more reliable than directly sensing the analog signal level, especially if it is for musics of huge dynamic range, classical music for example, that a passage of pianissimo can have the amp turned off at a wrong time in the latter case. Just a thought.
Old 24th October 2017, 04:56 PM   #12
nareshn is offline nareshn  India
diyAudio Member

Is there a std kit or module available. The power button shd go into standy mode in 10-15min when not in use.
Old 29th October 2017, 03:37 AM   #13
cacao ambiance is offline cacao ambiance  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

i have some of these tiny modules. not used them yet. need help working out what flipping mosfet or transistor and resistor to use???? bc107?? help? then one can use them to toggle the mute/standby pinout of the amp too off. or disable the dc-dc power supply via its enable pin.

Wholesale 3V-12V Audio/ Video Signal Monitor AV Detection Gallery - Buy Low Price 3V-12V Audio/ Video Signal Monitor AV Detection Lots on Aliexpress.com

I think i did a simple test with a led and they worked.
Old 29th October 2017, 04:17 AM   #14
Calvin is online now Calvin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

the description reads 'voltage regulator' and I guess it are Vregs with dedicated enable input.
In that case You still need some signal treatment in front of the enable input before You can use the device.
The treatment should be as such that a music signal from a certain minimum volume level on is detected safely and discriminated against noise and spikes.
But then You can use a simple comparator stage or FliPFlop instead of a Vreg with EN input.

jauu
Calvin

Standby/Auto Off-OnHide this!Advertise here!