Active subwoofer filter

Hello, i'm building active subwoofer with FLI" 300W, 4 ohm speaker.
Sealed box, powering it with TDA7293 x3 parallel(these from ebay).
What i need is filter, ofcourse. I've ended up with these two:

P48 Sub-Woofer Controller (Rev-A)
Low pass filter - Subwoofer :: circuit diagrams

And i'm not sure, which one i should choose. Seems like 1st one has phase and gain controls, while the other has freq cut-off and gain controls. Which one would be better for sound quality(meaning nice low freq), or should i make both, and compare them :confused:

Also, i would like to make over-voltage protection for my subwoofer amplifier input(in case filter goes down, it could feed +-12V into amplifier's input..?) Something like: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yvrNe0grMz0/U8K40NUUg3I/AAAAAAAADSA/YjH5BSjBbzc/s1600/vprotection.png?

Thanks

Alright, so i've redrawn it in eagle and made pcb.

Yeah, seems like i should go with 4-chan pot, since now there is too many of them... And it takes space.

Anyway, any recomendations about pcb design? I might make this as 1-layer pcb, power lines would have 'jumpers' at some places.

Attachments

• lowpass-sch.png
    lowpass-sch.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 722
  • lowpass-pcb.png
    lowpass-pcb.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 647
When the gain switch is closed, the NFB loop is operating and you get a gain = 4k7/1k5 + 1 = 4.13times (+12.3dB)
When the switch is open the NFB loop is not operating and the opamp acts as a Follower/Buffer. Now the gain is +0dB

If you also add in a plugable 2k2 parallel to the 4k7, you get a gain of +6dB switchable back to +12.3dB, when the 2k2 is opened.

When the gain switch is closed, the NFB loop is operating and you get a gain = 4k7/1k5 + 1 = 4.13times (+12.3dB)
When the switch is open the NFB loop is not operating and the opamp acts as a Follower/Buffer. Now the gain is +0dB

If you also add in a plugable 2k2 parallel to the 4k7, you get a gain of +6dB switchable back to +12.3dB, when the 2k2 is opened.

So you mean like this? Well thats better than 0dB / 12.3dB gain switch.
By the way, what's the purpose of Q (R6 in schematic) ?

Attachments

• lowpass-sch.png
    lowpass-sch.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 372
R6 & R7 vary the roll off frequency of the high pass filter. This protects the bass driver from over excursion when you apply that +6dB or +12.3dB gain stage that you probably don't need when you already have +6dB from the bass summimg channel to input to your bass only speaker.