diyAudio

diyAudio (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Analog Line Level (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/)
-   -   Salas DCG3 preamp (line & headphone) (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/296406-salas-dcg3-preamp-line-headphone.html)

r_jik45 26th February 2020 04:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The DCG3 board is from a GB done in 2017. No 1.03 sign on it.

Here are two pics to illustrate the shielded vs simple connection wires:
Attachment 820337 Attachment 820338

Salas 26th February 2020 05:39 PM

Both are going to work without drama. In case of strong interference the first one is more able to withstand it.

bambadoo 26th February 2020 05:52 PM

Last one is mine. It did not make any difference with the i-select board or without so I guess we can conclude that it worked out fine :)

Salas 26th February 2020 06:33 PM

:):):)

r_jik45 26th February 2020 06:54 PM

Thanks bambadoo for your input.
The pics were saved while going through the whole thread, good to hear that your configuration worked out fine.

Theodosis O. 26th February 2020 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Salas,

If we parallel resistors to pot, like in the photo, will be any improvement ?
I guess we can change also the value of the pot with this way.
.

Salas 26th February 2020 07:36 PM

To linear pots fake law resistors can change the situation enough because they are the low value element. But in Log pots you can't put a low enough value before the Log curve is going to be altered too strongly. In any case they still make a little difference.

r_jik45 26th February 2020 08:31 PM

Bambadoo,
Any idea regarding the size of these wires, bigger than 24AWG?

alexkosha 27th February 2020 01:09 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Whatever I did with the wiring layout proper arrangement, transformers rotations and Earth/GND setup, I still can't get rid of the main 60Hz pickup. All is started when I dropped in Khozmo (relay based, 20k leather, LED volume level indicator, remote).
It is absolutely clean with simple Alps.
Consulted with Kozmo numerous times and no luck fixing it yet.
This attenuator is running 5VDC and I have separate simple LDO PSU also supplied Khozmo for it. Initially, I got huge noise when I connected 5VDC to this unit and they advised to connect PSU "0" to attenuator GND pads. That step removed noise, but left 60Hz and 180Hz spikes (about 14dB high) and this is only if some device is connected to DCG3 input. Same huge noise when I switch i-Select to open Input (unshorted).
It might be some design mistakes with that attenuator type or in general faulty unit. Do not know what next step should I take....
Really liked remote control idea, but my 47 steps 25k Goldpoint on other unit is working as doc proscribed with absolutely beautiful sound out and no any issue.

Salas 27th February 2020 02:32 PM

Should be simply more susceptible due to the wide loop area of a relays attenuator board vs the short enclosed path of a pot. An extra PSU is involved too.
Also try GND it through the input RCAs common instead. But better show us a picture first so we understand the configuration better.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 17.65%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2020 diyAudio

Wiki