Salas DCG3 preamp (line & headphone)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Mine was waiting for me when I got home today.

Beautiful board. Same finish as the Reflektor-D I believe.

attachment.php

Now I'm waiting on some of the parts.. :)

Very nice final board quality indeed. It worthed the wait.

Silence... :)

Guess there are some overheated solder-stations around the world right now?

Excited to hear/read when builder's are chiming in here!

Anyway, most i guess will be very very pleased with this pre. -Especially the 3D spreading/wide soundstage (dual mono makes a different here). Mine pre. has many hour's now of playing... everything is stable, and nice warm.

Can't we all agree that this is the real spirit of diy? :)... waiting for something to test/listning to! -Something we build ourself.

Good luck everybody here.

Jesper.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Populating carefully

Remember that the boards are channel mirrored. Therefore double check the orientations of small semis especially to confirm they sit properly with the outlines on the silkscreen. Its already cautioned in the guide but today a builder PMed about what happens after he populated one Q5 in reverse and powered up seeing some smoke from it (Q5 on board is the BF256B JFET also mentioned as J3 in the theoretical). Answer is either half or whole the uPA will burn out, very probably one or two BC560s, and the BF256B itself. That will ruin your day, so be careful.

Mks2 100v

A little too big, I know. But they fit. Barely.

Cool Hikari1 :)...

If i were you, i would place those two cap's at the opamp., underneth the pcb.
This gives you more space and easier handling of plugging in/out the opamp. during testing/finalizing.

Attached picture shows how little space there are around it.

Good luck!

Jesper.

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 690
Today i received and stuffed the boards.
Took me a only couple of hours to complete. If I had teabag' s kit it would be complete in even less time, but I had all the parts in my stash!
Will drill the sinks and test tomorrow.
This one will be powered with a single BIB for a secondary system, but I will make another one with dual DCSTB for my main one.

Attachments

• IMG_20161229_212132[1].jpg
    IMG_20161229_212132[1].jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 641
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It also takes Shinkoh and Kiwame nicely I see. That is why I wanted roomy resistor places, so to can have options. What country of origin are the SMICAs? The dark green smaller resistors with color strips are German? Those R2s & R12s look like NOS carbon. I hope not compromised by years time carbon because those two values are high and self noise can be a factor.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Where did you source the input fets vgeorge ?

Would you care to share your supplier ?

Been looking through ebay and found strange results.... USA suppliers seem to offet those for 20 times higher cost then those coming from china.... do you believe I am now looking at fakes in ebay?