Here is a pic of MOSFETs.

Russellc

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_220509761_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220613_220509761_HDR.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 71
Joined 2003
Paid Member
That's quite a range of tightness! 1 inch pound to 15 inch pound. No idea of how tight that is, typically I turn them snug, then a little more. I did notice improvement when loosening them, so I will adjust a bit like that. how small amount of "snuggness" can I get away with? i turn until it snugs, then more.

Let me try, otherwise the bar method will be used.

Russellc

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That's quite a range of tightness! 1 inch pound to 15 inch pound. No idea of how tight that is, typically I turn them snug, then a little more. I did notice improvement when loosening them, so I will adjust a bit like that. how small amount of "snuggness" can I get away with? i turn until it snugs, then more.

Let me try, otherwise the bar method will be used.

Russellc
7-10 In lb seems good enough already in the chart. Finger tight is surprisingly powerful: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/finger_tight

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ok, backing them off, then snugging forward without the extra ump has them all quiet. Just turned until good snug, without the extra twist
like I would do an output mosfet on a power amp. I guess I will find out monitoring their heat with a laser thermometer tool.

I dont have this fuse on hand to replace so fireups will have to wait.
Russellc

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member
7-10 In lb seems good enough already in the chart. Finger tight is surprisingly powerful: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/finger_tight
Whow. This isnt super tight but beyond finger for sure. Thinking I just pressed them too hard. the smallest slow blo fuse I have is 2.5 but I am still digging around, thought I had some .5 amp. Looks like fuse buying time!

Russellc