MiniDSP 4x10 HD Measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Studley--keeping the (analog) gain as low as possible is going to be the highest performance way forward. However, at 4V you're STILL way above the max input of the Mod86 (x10 on 28V rails = absolute max is 2.8V input, ignoring you can't actually swing all the way to the rails).

So, in short, you'll be wanting to use the 4 V outputs across the board and software gain to adjust.

this minidsp was created by a boring hongkongese who thinks he makes a lot of money which leads him to be another nelson pass.

I suspect he found a hole in the market and decided to fill it. Can't blame him.

OP, please build a really stuff slaying this minidsp crxp.

So many projects, so little time. Patience young grasshopper... :)

Tom

Hi Guys;
I will leave this thread as fast as I have entered, so pardon me for Intruding. I am in way over my head. I wound up here as a result of a search for a steep roll off (greater than 24 db/octave) crossover.
I stumbled upon the miniDSP 4x10 HD, thinking this may be the ultimate answer for my very large 3 way, 2 channel system.
I am not up to constructing something from scratch. This unit seems to be able to take a digital signal from a CD or DVD player, (and laptop source?) eliminate my equalizer and crossover units.
I have not found detailed specs regarding this unit, but I sense that it is not warmly received by all here. I did see that it could somehow use REW to equalize and otherwise adjust the system.
Pardon my ignorance in this area, but if this is not the ideal unit, could you point me in the right direction,
Thanks Peter

Attachments

• my system 1.jpg
    my system 1.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 416
'Tis but a mere speed bump to the determined opamp roller.

I guess some have way more time and patience than I do... :) Oh, well. Each to their own.

First time i plan to use adaptor to dip8

But if i not use adaptor which opamp you recommed to upgrade this minidsp

The opamps in the MiniDSP 4x10HD does not use a common footprint. The DMP8 footprint does not fit anything else that I'm aware of. If I was to replace those opamps, I'd probably go for an OPA1612.

Tom

I guess some have way more time and patience than I do... :) Oh, well. Each to their own.

The opamps in the MiniDSP 4x10HD does not use a common footprint. The DMP8 footprint does not fit anything else that I'm aware of. If I was to replace those opamps, I'd probably go for an OPA1612.

Tom

Dear Tom Minidsp OPamp not come with DMP8 https://www.njr.com/semicon/PDF/package/DMP8_E.pdf

it come with (SSOP8) https://www.njr.com/semicon/PDF/package/SSOP8_E.pdf
SSOP8 smaller than DMP8

Dmp8 it close with soic8.

Hi Folks;
Hope I'm not high-jacking the thread, but I saw "miniDSP 4x10". This unit has been the heart of my system for over a year. ( I bought a complete finished unit). I have had an issue with this unit from day one, and wonder if anyone else has had this issue;

Almost daily, when I turn on the rest of my system (DSP stays on), I find the volume control (front panel and via remote) to be ineffective. On some occasions, the volume can be adjusted, but it hesitates every 3 db or so. There have been some instances where the sound has been distorted (modulated by clicks etc.) All of this is remedied by unplugging the power input for 10 seconds and re-connecting.
I have done 'factory resets' and had a number of interactions with customer service at miniDSP, but the problem remains.
Sorry to interupt, but has anyone had the issue? I have no digital experience but I have a strong suspicion that this is a hardware issue re the volume control PCB.

Thanks, Peter in Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.