Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5

Anyone have suitable replacement for xicon 140-50U5-473M-RC (47n Ceramic Capacitor 50V) from digikey or mouser? This is for the power supply.

I wasn't sure how to use their search engine to find a replacement and everything that came up was rather different.

On digikey the LM7915CTFS-ND is obsolete and the replacement MC7915CTGOS-ND and LM7815ACT-ND replacement is MC7815ACTGOS-ND.

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Anyone have suitable replacement for xicon 140-50U5-473M-RC (47n Ceramic Capacitor 50V) from digikey or mouser? This is for the power supply.

I wasn't sure how to use their search engine to find a replacement and everything that came up was rather different.

On digikey the LM7915CTFS-ND is obsolete and the replacement MC7915CTGOS-ND and LM7815ACT-ND replacement is MC7815ACTGOS-ND.
look @ FG26C0G1H473JNT6 Mouser should work

Project Updates: IO & Power Supply PCBs

... In any case it is a reasonable thing and I will add a part pad to the IO PCB. Thank you for sharing!

Changes ...

IO PCB: Per my previous commitment I have added a capacitor pad to output of the 12v regulator that powers the relays. I have also added support for alternate grounding schemes for the XLR connectors. As a builder you must now either add a wire jumper to the system ground or to the chassis as is pro audio practice. The inputs are grounded separate from the outputs. You must properly terminate both the input XLRs and the output XLRs. If you fail to do that ground will float unterminated.

Pwr Supply PCB: I am now shipping the revised boards that include jumpers allowing the builder to configure for either 120v or 230v AC systems.

Attachments

• IO_PCB_00.jpg
    IO_PCB_00.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 604
  • IO_PCB_01.jpg
    IO_PCB_01.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 617
  • PWR_SUPPLY_00.jpg
    PWR_SUPPLY_00.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 605
Changes ...

IO PCB: Per my previous commitment I have added a capacitor pad to output of the 12v regulator that powers the relays. I have also added support for alternate grounding schemes for the XLR connectors. As a builder you must now either add a wire jumper to the system ground or to the chassis as is pro audio practice. The inputs are grounded separate from the outputs. You must properly terminate both the input XLRs and the output XLRs. If you fail to do that ground will float unterminated.

Pwr Supply PCB: I am now shipping the revised boards that include jumpers allowing the builder to configure for either 120v or 230v AC systems.
Thanks Carl for your continued work.

I'll don't have all my parts yet, but I'll be doing a little head scratching with 230V. I'll be sure to post once I get started.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hi Carl,
Just got my boards today, looks very nice... i saw that you have added a diode pad for each relay...cool do not have to solder it behind the PCB.
By the way what is the suggest capacitor and is value that you have added to output of the 12v regulator that powers the relays.
Thanks
mezomages.gif

Joined 2018
Paid Member
DSELF_KIT.jpg
Yup, that's it minus the Lorlin front panel switch. Mouser stocks them now.
Hi Carl,
I just saw that you did not send the Adjust Power Supply board but the Fixed Power supply PCB, but i do not understand because there are the label "ADJ PWR SUPPLY" printed on it, see pictures

Attachments

• IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    674.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Hi Carl,
Just got my boards today, looks very nice... i saw that you have added a diode pad for each relay...cool do not have to solder it behind the PCB.
By the way what is the suggest capacitor and is value that you have added to output of the 12v regulator that powers the relays.
Thanks
mezomages.gif

The pad added to the output of the 12v regulator is intended to accept a tantalum 10uF to 22uF capacitor. It most likely will not be required but is harmless in any case. Enjoy!

NOTE: Don't forget to ground the XLRs on the revised IO board.

Hi Carl,
I just saw that you did not send the Adjust Power Supply board but the Fixed Power supply PCB, but i do not understand because there are the label "ADJ PWR SUPPLY" printed on it, see pictures

The bubbles at the top are the rail voltage adjustment pots and the large bubble at the bottom is where you select input AC voltage. Once assembled you will have a premium grade series regulated adjustable power supply

Attachments

• PWR_SUPPLY.jpg
    PWR_SUPPLY.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 750
Joined 2018
Paid Member
The bubbles at the top are the rail voltage adjustment pots and the large bubble at the bottom is where you select input AC voltage. Once assembled you will have a premium grade series regulated adjustable power supply

Yes i got this PCB, but unfortunately i got all my component for the other one.....i followed this adjust power supply schematic.
Could you post the new schematic and boom list thanks

Attachments

• KAD_ADJ_PWR_SUPPLY_REVISED.jpg
    KAD_ADJ_PWR_SUPPLY_REVISED.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 586
  • KAD_ADJ_PWR_SUPPLY_SCHEMATIC_REVISED.jpg
    KAD_ADJ_PWR_SUPPLY_SCHEMATIC_REVISED.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 591
Yes i got this PCB, but unfortunately i got all my component for the other one.....i followed this adjust power supply schematic.
Could you post the new schematic and boom list thanks

Aah, okay. That is because per your request, we sent you our power supply PCB that easily adjusts from 120v to 230v inputs. The version that you were expecting does not support that easy change. In any case the good news is that they share many parts in common.

Here is the schematic and BOM for the power supply that we shipped you.

Attachments

• SERIES_REGULATED_PWR_SUPPLY_SCHEMATIC.pdf
    186.1 KB · Views: 184
  • SERIES_REGULATED_PWR_SUPPLY_BOM_02.pdf
    30.5 KB · Views: 112
Carl,
is it possible to 1 of this Regulated PWR Board.?
If so i would like to purchase 1.

Rick G

Sure,

For people within the US we can do ...

1 PCB for $10 (including the cost to ship) or ...
3 PCB for $20 (including the cost to ship)

Simply message me should you want to proceed.

The cost of shipping would a bit higher for those outside the US but we try to keep that reasonable as well.

Aah, okay. That is because per your request, we sent you our power supply PCB that easily adjusts from 120v to 230v inputs. The version that you were expecting does not support that easy change. In any case the good news is that they share many parts in common.

Here is the schematic and BOM for the power supply that we shipped you.

Be aware. These op amp supplies are not short circuit protected.