Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5

Hi Carl,
Is The power supply PCB that you sent is the last PCB fully adjustable ? Because I don't have the BOM in the package you sent, i have the no adjustable Power Supply BOM (SERIES VREG_FIXED_PWR_SUPPLY.zip)
Thanks

Some builders were struggling with the 'adjustable' nature of the power supply. Some to the point of blowing up op amps with over voltage. As result I began shipping a fixed voltage version. The voltage out is determined by a resistor pair.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Some builders were struggling with the 'adjustable' nature of the power supply. Some to the point of blowing up op amps with over voltage. As result I began shipping a fixed voltage version. The voltage out is determined by a resistor pair.
Thank Carl, i saw also some post with builders complaining and asking for adjustable because there was different voltage between + and -.
is it to late because i prefer adjustable?? i also asked for the last version!!!!!!

Thank Carl, i saw also some post with builders complaining and asking for adjustable because there was different voltage between + and -.
is it to late because i prefer adjustable?? i also asked for the last version!!!!!!

The fixed voltage reg supply that I have been supplying of late is an 'old school' series regulated design that is much tighter as to output voltage. The voltage out can be changed using a different resistor pair. However if you want the pot adjustable version please let me know quickly as your package is ready to ship and I would need to swap out the PCB.

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
The fixed voltage reg supply that I have been supplying of late is an 'old school' series regulated design that is much tighter as to output voltage. The voltage out can be changed using a different resistor pair. However if you want the pot adjustable version please let me know quickly as your package is ready to ship and I would need to swap out the PCB.
i really appreciate Carl, i am sure the Fixed Voltage reg is very tight as to output voltage. i also prefer to have the freedom to adjust the voltage without desoldering the resistors.
Please i will really appreciate that you dispatch the package with the adjustable voltage PCB.
Thanks

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/att...elf-preamp-linear-audio-5-a-ac_jumpers_00-jpg

Carl, again thank for your help, i would like also check with you about this PCB and be sure that you will sent this one with 230V, yes we have also 230V/240V here in France

Aah, okay. That will delay your order 10 to 14 days as I will need to send that out for fab. I have no problem with that as I had planned on stocking them anyway. Just note that your shipment will be delayed.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
DSELF_KIT.jpg

Hi, Carl
Is it the latest version ?