Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5

* New IO Board Coming *

Per previous notice on this thread I am crafting a new IO PCB that expands the inputs from 1 to 5 selectable.

Inputs 1 & 2 will be balanced. Inputs 3,4 & 5 will be unbalanced. The outputs will be both balanced and unbalanced and muted turn on delay as same as the current IO board.

Your purchase will be for the new IO PCB as well as the RCA phono blocks (they are quality OEM parts) as well as the front panel selector switch. The selector switch has a splined shaft identical to the dimensions of the main board pots. Each board is a stereo pair.

The cost will be $20 for the IO kit plus actual cost to ship (shouldn't be much this time)

The following forum members have already notified me that they want one or more kits:

* Those wanting the NEW 5 Input IO kit

georgebrooke - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
Rick G - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
mik000000 - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
hfxrzw - 2 enhanced IO kits
mordikai - 2 enhanced IO kits
vasillis - 2 enhanced IO kits - PAID
redjr - 1 enhanced IO kits + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB - PAID
zrxshack - 2 enhanced IO kits
raymondo - 1 enhanced IO kit
still4given - 1 enhanced IO kit
dennismiller55 - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
Phillipp23 - 5 enhanced IO kits
PJN - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
djonesii - 1 enhanced IO kit
kimon - 1 enhanced IO kit
bfg4wd - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
emyeuoi - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
rock12 - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
herb1diaz - 2 enhanced IO kits
Mraudionut - 2 enhanced IO kits + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB

I will leave this up for a couple of weeks while I accumulate the parts. Let me know if you want to be added.

I have also ordered a few more project main & power supply PCBs for those that have contacted me recently.

* Those wanting a complete kit (includes the new 5 input IO board)

sasha70 - 1 kit + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB - PAID
HaroldHill - 1 kit + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB
analog4ever - 1 kit + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB

** Let me know if you want a complete kit. **

Delay circuit on IO board

Can someone point out the location of the Delay on resistor and capacitors.

I'm in the process of building my "stuffing list", and cannot find them on the board.

If anyone would like a copy of the one line per item list, with appropriate tick off boxes, please drop me a note, and I will send the Excel.

Dave

Never mind, IO board!

Last edited:
Dear Forum ...

Started my build with the Power Supply, following my normal 3 column process, measure, stuff, solder, and low and behold, Digikey sent me an IRF610 rather then an LM7815, the method worked, and I did not solder.

Called digikey, and they promptly have sent me a replacement next day, great customer service! The shipping on the replacement probably cost more than their profit.

* New IO Board Coming *

Per previous notice on this thread I am crafting a new IO PCB that expands the inputs from 1 to 5 selectable.

Inputs 1 & 2 will be balanced. Inputs 3,4 & 5 will be unbalanced. The outputs will be both balanced and unbalanced and muted turn on delay as same as the current IO board.

Your purchase will be for the new IO PCB as well as the RCA phono blocks (they are quality OEM parts) as well as the front panel selector switch. The selector switch has a splined shaft identical to the dimensions of the main board pots. Each board is a stereo pair.

The cost will be $20 for the IO kit plus actual cost to ship (shouldn't be much this time)

The following forum members have already notified me that they want one or more kits:

* Those wanting the NEW 5 Input IO kit

georgebrooke - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
Rick G - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
mik000000 - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
hfxrzw - 2 enhanced IO kits PAID
mordikai - 2 enhanced IO kits
vasillis - 2 enhanced IO kits - PAID
redjr - 1 enhanced IO kits + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB - PAID
zrxshack - 2 enhanced IO kits - PAID
raymondo - 1 enhanced IO kit
still4given - 1 enhanced IO kit
dennismiller55 - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
Phillipp23 - 5 enhanced IO kits
PJN - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
djonesii - 1 enhanced IO kit
kimon - 1 enhanced IO kit
bfg4wd - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
emyeuoi - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
rock12 - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
herb1diaz - 2 enhanced IO kits
Mraudionut - 2 enhanced IO kits + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB - PAID
TFW - 1 enhanced IO kit - PAID
OZAM - 2 enhanced IO kits

I will leave this up for a couple of weeks while I accumulate the parts. Let me know if you want to be added.

I have also ordered a few more project main & power supply PCBs for those that have contacted me recently.

* Those wanting a complete kit (includes the new 5 input IO board)

sasha70 - 1 kit + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB - PAID
HaroldHill - 1 kit + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB
analog4ever - 1 kit + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB - PAID
vu2ets - 1 kits + 1 PWR_Supply_PCB

** Let me know if you want a complete kit. **

Hi,

Finally had time to start to build.

2 questions:
- pots are in schematic marked 5k exept for volym that is marked 5k lin, I guess all pots are lin?
- the Nichicon caps in the BOM are NP as far as I understand, on the PCB some are marked with a +. I guess that's if someone want's to use polarized caps?

/örjan

I'm starting to put together a case for my pre, I printed out the graphic that Carl posted (front panel 00)on 8 1/2" x 11" paper in landscape mode to see if it would line up with the pots on the board, didn't fit, came up a bit short. I was planning on printing a decal on a transparency to apply to the front. Did anyone figure out the correct size for the panel print out yet ?

Paul