Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5

i go trough the scematic and look over my psb cant find any fault.
i took some pictures.
if someone has any ideas what i can do i would be happy.
ps its the left channal that is low volume, i turn the balance all the way to left to get equal signal...but i cant use tone controll because off the whining noise.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Dont want to intrude on trouble shooting issues but this is the right place to post. Maybe I can help on TS also. Finally got around to putting into proper case. If anyone needs FPD files that work I can supply. I offboarded volume pot and changed lettering from Carls files. Kind of a throwback to the 1U pres from the 80's and 90's

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 322
Dont want to intrude on trouble shooting issues but this is the right place to post. Maybe I can help on TS also. Finally got around to putting into proper case. If anyone needs FPD files that work I can supply. I offboarded volume pot and changed lettering from Carls files. Kind of a throwback to the 1U pres from the 80's and 90's
Nice build! :)No need for me to undock anything without having a motor pot :D

Attachments

• 20200925_193654.jpg
    20200925_193654.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 484
Hey nice build Zep! I thought it was mine until I looked closer. Cool looking little Zep graphic. I need to come up with something like that for myself.
Thanks :D I was very much tempted to try those UV printed panels. Guess you could do cool stuff with it :cool:
But, of course: Most of the credits go to Carl for providing the fpd files where 90% of the work is already done.
What brand knobs are you using? Never would have thought how much time I would spend looking for knobs.
I know exactly what you mean :rolleyes:
The volume knob is a Mentor 9900000421250. But take care: I think I used a shorter pot for this one, as the knob can handle 13mm max.
The other knobs: I think they were from eBay. They are like 20mm in both, length and diameter.