Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5

So have mine built for over a year now. Think it is just great. I want to find an enclosure and front and back panels at this point. I know this thread has info so just checking back to try and get this info as efficient as possible. Would like to go with enclosure from DIY and front panel express templates if they already exist. Any Help?

So have mine built for over a year now. Think it is just great. I want to find an enclosure and front and back panels at this point. I know this thread has info so just checking back to try and get this info as efficient as possible. Would like to go with enclosure from DIY and front panel express templates if they already exist. Any Help?

Here is a front panel that I have used: Dropbox - FRONT_PANEL_1U_v2_FINAL_BLACK_00.fpd - Simplify your life

Others might be able to contribute a back panel.

Ok so I really like the faceplate from Carl and the rear panel from Rick. Will both fit as they are designed on the slimline 1U from DIY audio store? Do you remove the faceplate that comes with it I assume and replace with the new one from FPD? Or send in the panels to FPD to modify? What depth of Chassis did you guys use. Are there different versions of the boards and will these designs work for all? Any pics available from yours to see. I'm ready to pull trigger and just want to make sure I get it all right the first time. Any help is appreciated.

Ok so I really like the faceplate from Carl and the rear panel from Rick. Will both fit as they are designed on the slimline 1U from DIY audio store? ...

I always send the panels that come with the DIYAudio chassis as they machine especially nice. The FPD panels have unfinished edges that in my eye does not look as nice. If you plan to rack your project use the thin panels. If you have no interest in racking, I invite you to buy the thicker panel version as they make for a very aesthetic presentation.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
look @ post 1417 and change txt extension file with fdp https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/ana...-preamp-linear-audio-5-a-142.html#post5853444

So Hicoco not sure what your trying to convey? Just bringing attention to a different version?? I want to use Carls for sure. So carl sorry to belabor this but if I order the Slim1U from DIY audio thick faceplate and send to FPD they can do your Front panel 1U V2 and everything will fit correctly?? How does the faceplate bolt up, not seeing the mounting holes. After I get the front figured out I will post separately on the rear. Thanks all.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
So Hicoco not sure what your trying to convey? Just bringing attention to a different version??
I try to convey nothing to nobody, just to inform you that you can download the file REAR PANEL 1U.txt and change the Txt extension with fdp to be able to read the file rear panel 1u.fdp with FrontPanel.
Why ?? because you can't upload file with .fdp on DIYAudio Forum.
This is the same pdf file posted by Jwilhelm post #1305 for the rear panel but with fdp extension and this one fit perfectly with RCA and XLR connectors

Joined 2018
Paid Member