Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5

Carl, can we order the additional input boards? If so, how do you want us to do so? I'd be looking for two sets. Thanks! Regards, Rene

Soon,

But first I need to complete a working first article. And I am testing a rotary switch that has a splined shaft so that you can use the same knobs as the main board.

Give me a couple of weeks to get there. I'll post to this thread once I have news to share.

The NJM4562 was tested by the fellow who build the O2 head amp, a bit of google-ing seems to lead to one of two conclusions, go for it, the are direct replacements.

or ...

NO way not even close.

Has any on on this thread, tried this chip?

I've already ordered a set of the TI, but thinking of ordering as set of smd and some ebay converters as I want to play a bit with SMD soldering, and this would be a cheap way to play around.

Dave

Drilling Template; USA Enclosures

Carl:

I know you posted early on a drawing of a front panel pattern, but there were no dimensions. In addition, I did not recall a back panel drilling pattern with dimensions for the I/O.

Can you post diagrams, in the form of pdfs? I would like to send them to an enclosure manufacturers in the US to see how much it would cost for a limited run of 10 cases, and possibly silk screen or engraving.

Carl:

I know you posted early on a drawing of a front panel pattern, but there were no dimensions. In addition, I did not recall a back panel drilling pattern with dimensions for the I/O.

Can you post diagrams, in the form of pdfs? I would like to send them to an enclosure manufacturers in the US to see how much it would cost for a limited run of 10 cases, and possibly silk screen or engraving.

Sure,

Give me a couple of days to pull it together. Laser engraving is another option and probably cost less.

Yes it will. It will nicely complement the Doug Self preamp.

Jan

Great news . I've wanted to build a balanced stage for many years now but for one reason or another it just hasn't happened. I'm currently using a signal transfer design (another of doug's) which is very good indeed. I changed some of the op amps for LM4562 as I recall. The MC stage is very quiet indeed so will be interesting to see if it beats it .

Carl can I please have 1 set of the I/O and switch . Thanks

Sterling work !

* New IO Board Coming *

Per previous notice on this thread I am crafting a new IO PCB that expands the inputs from 1 to 5 selectable.

Inputs 1 & 2 will be balanced. Inputs 3,4 & 5 will be unbalanced. The outputs will be both balanced and unbalanced and muted turn on delay as same as the current IO board.

Your purchase will be for the new IO PCB as well as the RCA phono blocks (they are quality OEM parts) as well as the front panel selector switch. The selector switch has a splined shaft identical to the dimensions of the main board pots. Each board is a stereo pair.

The cost will be $20 for the IO kit plus actual cost to ship (shouldn't be much this time)

The following forum members have already notified me that they want one or more kits:

georgebrooke - 1 enhanced IO kit
Rick G - 1 enhanced IO kit
mik000000 - 1 enhanced IO kit
hfxrzw - 2 enhanced IO kits
mordikai - 2 enhanced IO kits
vasillis - 2 enhanced IO kits
redjr - 2 enhanced IO kits
zrxshack - 2 enhanced IO kits
raymondo - 1 enhanced IO kit

I will leave this up for a couple of weeks while I accumulate the parts. Let me know if you want to be added.

I have also ordered a few more project main & power supply PCBs for those that have contacted me recently.

** Let me know if you want a complete kit. **

Last edited: