Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2019, 01:26 AM   #1481
Freecrowder is offline Freecrowder  United States
diyAudio Member

Noticing that on the Front panel from Carl it is showing XLR In then 4 lines in after. Anyone understand that. Was there a version with only 1 XLR?
Old 22nd November 2019, 02:28 AM   #1482
Rick G is offline Rick G  United States
diyAudio Member

No, was always 2 XLR as far as I remember.
Old 22nd November 2019, 04:49 AM   #1483
Carl_Huff is offline Carl_Huff  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecrowder View Post
Noticing that on the Front panel from Carl it is showing XLR In then 4 lines in after. Anyone understand that. Was there a version with only 1 XLR?
The markings on the front panel that you have machined must be edited to the IO arrangement of your build. I have built several variations. What I sent you is just one of those variations. Changing the markings is very easy using the FREE Front Panel Express software that is downloadable from their site.

The standard IO PCB that I ship has two XLR balanced channels and 3 unbalanced channels in and looks like this ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IO_PCB_00.jpg (80.6 KB, 197 views)
Old 22nd November 2019, 06:41 PM   #1484
diyAudio Member

Yes I agree Carl and I am using the I/O board you have pictured. I have been trying to mod the fpd.file but whenever I click on anything on the front panel it highlights the whole panel detail as if it was dropped in as a pic or something. Trying to figure out how to modify individual labeling. If you know anything about this please let me know.
Old 22nd November 2019, 06:50 PM   #1485
Carl_Huff is offline Carl_Huff  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecrowder View Post
... I have been trying to mod the fpd.file but whenever I click on anything on the front panel it highlights the whole panel detail as if it was dropped in as a pic or something. Trying to figure out how to modify individual labeling. If you know anything about this please let me know.

You need to 'ungroup' the items that you are clicking on as shown in the attached PIC ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FPD_00.jpg (77.2 KB, 183 views)
Old 22nd November 2019, 09:24 PM   #1486
diyAudio Member

So I have figured out how to change the labeling. Does anyone have a part number for the IEC hole for power input module that will fit this?
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:22 AM   #1487
jwilhelm is offline jwilhelm  Canada
diyAudio Member

If you are using the layout I drew it was a Volex 17252 0 B1 https://canada.newark.com/volex/1725...GEN-SKU-MDC-NF These are fairly generic so others should fit as well.
Old 24th November 2019, 05:06 PM   #1488
craigtone is offline craigtone  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a PCB set w/RCA's for sale if anyone is interested ... I paid $50 so same price plus shipping.
Old 27th November 2019, 09:21 PM   #1489
diyAudio Member

So I have made mods that I want to the panels with FPD. More questions though I'm assuming most have used DIY audio 1U enclosure. I'm also assuming sent those panels into FPD to be CNC'd. They can print the labeling onto a anodized panel correct?? If all of my assumptions aren't correct someone please inform. Also did people order the backplate with the IEC hole already included?
Old 28th November 2019, 07:05 AM   #1490
Hicoco is offline Hicoco  France
diyAudio Member

FN9260SB-2-06-30
If you use the fpd file, that is for 2A and for 3 mm rear panel thick. You will find it now @ Mouser

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5Hide this!Advertise here!