Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th November 2019, 10:15 PM   #1471
Freecrowder is offline Freecrowder  United States
diyAudio Member

So Hicoco not sure what your trying to convey? Just bringing attention to a different version?? I want to use Carls for sure. So carl sorry to belabor this but if I order the Slim1U from DIY audio thick faceplate and send to FPD they can do your Front panel 1U V2 and everything will fit correctly?? How does the faceplate bolt up, not seeing the mounting holes. After I get the front figured out I will post separately on the rear. Thanks all.
Old 10th November 2019, 10:47 PM   #1472
Carl_Huff is offline Carl_Huff  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecrowder View Post
... How does the faceplate bolt up, not seeing the mounting holes.
The rack package that I have here in front of me, the front panel has four recessed phillips head screws at the corners.
Old 11th November 2019, 12:05 AM   #1473
diyAudio Member

yes that is what holds the faceplate to the rack but how is the faceplate fixed to the steel 1U enclosure. are there hidden screws are hidden tapped hole on faceplate. the store just doesn't give enough info on the enclosures.
Old 11th November 2019, 12:22 AM   #1474
jwilhelm is offline jwilhelm  Canada
diyAudio Member

The 4mm front panel has four big flat head screws through the front. The 10mm front panel uses hidden screws from the inside. With all the pots and selector switch it would likely be best to go with the 4mm front panel for this preamp, otherwise there will be lots of machining required to hollow out the inside of the panel.
Old 11th November 2019, 12:56 AM   #1475
diyAudio Member

Very important point. I was thinking the 10mm but your right the shafts will need to stick through. Do they stick through far enough with the 4mm w/o hollowing out anything?
Old 11th November 2019, 01:08 AM   #1476
jwilhelm is offline jwilhelm  Canada
diyAudio Member

A 4mm panel should leave you about 2.5mm of thread sticking out the front, which should work fine.
Old 11th November 2019, 07:04 AM   #1477
Hicoco is offline Hicoco  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecrowder View Post
So Hicoco not sure what your trying to convey? Just bringing attention to a different version??
I try to convey nothing to nobody, just to inform you that you can download the file REAR PANEL 1U.txt and change the Txt extension with fdp to be able to read the file rear panel 1u.fdp with FrontPanel.
Why ?? because you can't upload file with .fdp on DIYAudio Forum.
This is the same pdf file posted by Jwilhelm post #1305 for the rear panel but with fdp extension and this one fit perfectly with RCA and XLR connectors
Old 11th November 2019, 02:41 PM   #1478
diyAudio Member

Ok so I understand now Hicoco. Thank you.
Old 11th November 2019, 05:27 PM   #1479
Carl_Huff is offline Carl_Huff  United States
diyAudio Member

Hicoco,

Those IO panels that you are offering here: Balanced / Unbalanced Audio Input Selector Module from HICOCO on Tindie look to be especially nice.

They look to be a worthy addition to this project should someone want more inputs.

Where did you find those RCA phono connectors? Those look handy to have on hand for other projects.
Old 11th November 2019, 05:38 PM   #1480
Hicoco is offline Hicoco  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_Huff View Post
Hicoco,

Those IO panels that you are offering here: Balanced / Unbalanced Audio Input Selector Module from HICOCO on Tindie look to be especially nice.

They look to be a worthy addition to this project should someone want more inputs.

Where did you find those RCA phono connectors? Those look handy to have on hand for other projects.
Thanks Carl,
They are from Recherche - Audiophonics

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5Hide this!Advertise here!