Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2019, 04:34 AM   #1271
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Have to trace the connections and cut/bridge as required as I described. I am not sure if/why it was hardwired 120V only and no option to change config, it is only a couple of jumpers.
Old 12th February 2019, 05:04 AM   #1272
Carl_Huff is offline Carl_Huff  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfxrzw View Post
What is needed to change the original power supply from 115V to 230V? I've moved from the USA to Australia and need to make the change. Thanks, Rene
Hello all,

Just so you don't all get the wrong impression and think that I am ignoring him, Rene and I have been exchanging private messages. And I think he now has a happy resolution to his problem. I invite anyone with a problem to message me and I will do my best to help.
Old 12th February 2019, 09:44 PM   #1273
hfxrzw is offline hfxrzw  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Indeed, Carl has most graciously jumped in to help out, so I'm sorted. Thanks, Rene
Old 13th February 2019, 09:55 AM   #1274
hadihf is offline hadihf  Pakistan
diyAudio Member

Default Boxed

More quite now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boxed.jpg (406.8 KB, 492 views)
Old 13th February 2019, 03:25 PM   #1275
Hicoco is offline Hicoco  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadihf View Post
More quite now...
Great hadihf, do you have pic inside ?
Old 19th February 2019, 07:34 PM   #1276
tER299 is offline tER299  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Assuming the only difference between the my version of the PCB (1.1) and later ones (such as this 1.2 version) to be in the placement of parts, and later on the pot meter placement, I simply used Hicoco's version of the back panel (quoting him doesn't seem to work). A quick measure of my PCB seemed to indicate that it would fit, but this turned out not to be the case.

Does anyone have any back panel sizes for v1.1, or is there any way of obtaining a later version of the back panel?
Old 19th February 2019, 08:42 PM   #1277
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

If memory serves, the original PCB had the CLRs on a 1 inch pitch.

Jan
Old 21st February 2019, 10:55 AM   #1278
Statsokonomen is offline Statsokonomen  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tER299 View Post
Assuming the only difference between the my version of the PCB (1.1) and later ones (such as this 1.2 version) to be in the placement of parts, and later on the pot meter placement, I simply used Hicoco's version of the back panel (quoting him doesn't seem to work). A quick measure of my PCB seemed to indicate that it would fit, but this turned out not to be the case.

Does anyone have any back panel sizes for v1.1, or is there any way of obtaining a later version of the back panel?
I also first attempted using Hicoco's version of the back panel, and found that it didn't fit (a few millimeters off on many parts).

I'll measure myself and will order a new back panel from Schaeffer when my measurements are done. If the new panel fits the board, I'll post the Schaeffer / Frontpanel Express file in this thread.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:35 PM   #1279
tER299 is offline tER299  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statsokonomen View Post
I also first attempted using Hicoco's version of the back panel, and found that it didn't fit (a few millimeters off on many parts).

I'll measure myself and will order a new back panel from Schaeffer when my measurements are done. If the new panel fits the board, I'll post the Schaeffer / Frontpanel Express file in this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th March 2019, 11:32 PM   #1280
jwilhelm is offline jwilhelm  Canada
diyAudio Member

Santa brought me a new CNC machining center for Christmas and I'm finally starting to figure out how to use it. My new chassis is starting to take shape!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190319_182804.jpg (501.4 KB, 253 views)

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5Hide this!Advertise here!