Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2018, 05:06 AM   #1221
DoubleIPA is offline DoubleIPA  New Zealand
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Anyone have suitable replacement for xicon 140-50U5-473M-RC (47n Ceramic Capacitor 50V) from digikey or mouser? This is for the power supply.

I wasn't sure how to use their search engine to find a replacement and everything that came up was rather different.

On digikey the LM7915CTFS-ND is obsolete and the replacement MC7915CTGOS-ND and LM7815ACT-ND replacement is MC7815ACTGOS-ND.

Last edited by DoubleIPA; 17th October 2018 at 05:08 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 08:07 AM   #1222
Hicoco is offline Hicoco  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Provence
Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIPA View Post
Anyone have suitable replacement for xicon 140-50U5-473M-RC (47n Ceramic Capacitor 50V) from digikey or mouser? This is for the power supply.

I wasn't sure how to use their search engine to find a replacement and everything that came up was rather different.

On digikey the LM7915CTFS-ND is obsolete and the replacement MC7915CTGOS-ND and LM7815ACT-ND replacement is MC7815ACTGOS-ND.
look @ FG26C0G1H473JNT6 Mouser should work
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 09:47 PM   #1223
DoubleIPA is offline DoubleIPA  New Zealand
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicoco View Post
look @ FG26C0G1H473JNT6 Mouser should work
Thank you!
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2018, 05:49 PM   #1224
Carl_Huff is offline Carl_Huff  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Default Project Updates: IO & Power Supply PCBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_Huff View Post
... In any case it is a reasonable thing and I will add a part pad to the IO PCB. Thank you for sharing!
Changes ...

IO PCB: Per my previous commitment I have added a capacitor pad to output of the 12v regulator that powers the relays. I have also added support for alternate grounding schemes for the XLR connectors. As a builder you must now either add a wire jumper to the system ground or to the chassis as is pro audio practice. The inputs are grounded separate from the outputs. You must properly terminate both the input XLRs and the output XLRs. If you fail to do that ground will float unterminated.

Pwr Supply PCB: I am now shipping the revised boards that include jumpers allowing the builder to configure for either 120v or 230v AC systems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IO_PCB_00.jpg (101.5 KB, 410 views)
File Type: jpg IO_PCB_01.jpg (67.4 KB, 414 views)
File Type: jpg PWR_SUPPLY_00.jpg (45.5 KB, 407 views)
__________________
Best Regards,
Carl Huff
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2018, 06:17 PM   #1225
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member
 
scottjoplin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Penrhyndeudraeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteryman View Post
At last my order of 4k7 pots arrived so can get on with the build

CPC still have 90 in stock.

https://cpc.farnell.com/omeg/pc2g16e...4k7/dp/RE04429
I used those, very nice pots, pins required slight bending, but worked well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2018, 12:48 AM   #1226
DoubleIPA is offline DoubleIPA  New Zealand
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_Huff View Post
Changes ...

IO PCB: Per my previous commitment I have added a capacitor pad to output of the 12v regulator that powers the relays. I have also added support for alternate grounding schemes for the XLR connectors. As a builder you must now either add a wire jumper to the system ground or to the chassis as is pro audio practice. The inputs are grounded separate from the outputs. You must properly terminate both the input XLRs and the output XLRs. If you fail to do that ground will float unterminated.

Pwr Supply PCB: I am now shipping the revised boards that include jumpers allowing the builder to configure for either 120v or 230v AC systems.
Thanks Carl for your continued work.

I'll don't have all my parts yet, but I'll be doing a little head scratching with 230V. I'll be sure to post once I get started.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2018, 02:49 PM   #1227
batteryman is offline batteryman  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SCOTLAND
Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjoplin View Post
I used those, very nice pots, pins required slight bending, but worked well.
Yes, I was surprised that the front/rear pin spacing was a bit out. I assumed standard spacing, but it was not an issue. I didn't feel confident in the quality of the Alps clones given the very low cost but I have used Omegs before with no issues.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 04:04 PM   #1228
Hicoco is offline Hicoco  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Provence
Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Hi Carl,
Just got my boards today, looks very nice... i saw that you have added a diode pad for each relay...cool do not have to solder it behind the PCB.
By the way what is the suggest capacitor and is value that you have added to output of the 12v regulator that powers the relays.
Thanks Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 05:04 PM   #1229
Hicoco is offline Hicoco  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Provence
Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Click the image to open in full size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_Huff View Post
Yup, that's it minus the Lorlin front panel switch. Mouser stocks them now.
Hi Carl,
I just saw that you did not send the Adjust Power Supply board but the Fixed Power supply PCB, but i do not understand because there are the label "ADJ PWR SUPPLY" printed on it, see pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2149.JPG (674.6 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2150.JPG (704.0 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Hicoco; 25th October 2018 at 05:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 05:06 PM   #1230
Carl_Huff is offline Carl_Huff  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicoco View Post
Hi Carl,
Just got my boards today, looks very nice... i saw that you have added a diode pad for each relay...cool do not have to solder it behind the PCB.
By the way what is the suggest capacitor and is value that you have added to output of the 12v regulator that powers the relays.
Thanks Click the image to open in full size.
The pad added to the output of the 12v regulator is intended to accept a tantalum 10uF to 22uF capacitor. It most likely will not be required but is harmless in any case. Enjoy!

NOTE: Don't forget to ground the XLRs on the revised IO board.
__________________
Best Regards,
Carl Huff
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doug Self's New Preamp Construction and Pictures redjr Analogue Source 190 30th May 2018 07:34 AM
What does preamp PSU oscillation look like for linear regulators? shredhead Power Supplies 59 28th March 2015 10:16 PM
Doug Self Elektor phono preamp: SA1085 substitute? tcpip Analogue Source 9 26th September 2013 01:11 PM
OLDSCHOOL CAR AUDIO-ORION/US AMPS/LINEAR POWER/PLANET AUDIO TUBES NIB mclsound Swap Meet 7 26th July 2013 11:10 AM
4th Ed. of Audio Power Amplifier Design Handbook (Doug Self) nickds1 Solid State 4 9th November 2006 01:02 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki