Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th October 2018, 05:32 AM   #1201
Hicoco is offline Hicoco  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_Huff View Post
Yup, that's it minus the Lorlin front panel switch. Mouser stocks them now.
Thank Carl, but will you ship the pots from Tayda with the PCB kit?
Old 7th October 2018, 05:53 AM   #1202
Carl_Huff is online now Carl_Huff  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicoco View Post
Thank Carl, but will you ship the pots from Tayda with the PCB kit?
I do not supply the pots. Buying the pots has been left up to the builder.

Is buying those pots a problem for you?

Last edited by Carl_Huff; 7th October 2018 at 05:58 AM.
Old 7th October 2018, 06:08 AM   #1203
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_Huff View Post
I do not supply the pots. Buying the pots has been left up to the customer.

Is buying those pots a problem for you?

No I am asking because they were part of the kit in the beginning, I am doing my BOM list right now and i am checking what do i have new to buy (not in my inventory), thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 12:11 PM   #1204
batteryman is offline batteryman  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Omeg green pots now available in the UK

At last my order of 4k7 pots arrived so can get on with the build

CPC still have 90 in stock.

https://cpc.farnell.com/omeg/pc2g16e...4k7/dp/RE04429
Old 7th October 2018, 08:42 PM   #1205
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIPA View Post
Thanks!

I'm finding several parts, like the aluminum electrolytic capacitors (UES1V101MPM), to be out of stock at mouser and digikey. I found a few on arrow.com, but not all of them and it seems like many are back-ordered until Feb 2019. Looks like I'll be waiting a while.
look at TME
They dispatch in New Zealand

Last edited by Hicoco; 7th October 2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10th October 2018, 01:33 PM   #1206
Freecrowder is offline Freecrowder  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks HADIHF for the I/O schematic. Very Nice. Needed for troubleshooting. Can anyone take a quick measurement of the output of the 12v reg on their boards and report your voltage? Mine measures 17vout with 19vdc input. I expect the 19 in that is what the power supply is. I checked for orientation and then replaced it but still the same. Everything works okay but it's just bugging me.
BTW build your own cables everything can be purchased from Amazon. Much cheaper in the long run.
Old 10th October 2018, 02:45 PM   #1207
manamanam is offline manamanam  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecrowder View Post
Thanks HADIHF for the I/O schematic. Very Nice. Needed for troubleshooting. Can anyone take a quick measurement of the output of the 12v reg on their boards and report your voltage? Mine measures 17vout with 19vdc input. I expect the 19 in that is what the power supply is. I checked for orientation and then replaced it but still the same. Everything works okay but it's just bugging me.
BTW build your own cables everything can be purchased from Amazon. Much cheaper in the long run.
Reg output should be 12VDC and input should be 17VDC
Old 10th October 2018, 03:17 PM   #1208
paulf is offline paulf  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecrowder View Post
Hi Freecrowder - some reports of regulator oscillation in thread #1058 and onwards. This results in the o/p voltage sitting ~2 V below the i/p voltage, which sounds like what you are seeing. Suggested fixes were additional capacitance - one user suggested soldering SMD caps directly on the regulator pins, on the underside of the board.
Old 11th October 2018, 03:08 PM   #1209
diyAudio Member

Excellent info paulf! Iv'e never experienced an oscillating 3 terminal reg before. I'll reference the data sheet for solutions.
Old 12th October 2018, 02:46 PM   #1210
diyAudio Member

Just an update. A 22uF tantalum directly across output to common solved the problem. I also notice that both pass transistors on the DC PS run much cooler now. You couldn't hold your fingers on them for more than 5 seconds before.

Doug Self Preamp from Linear Audio #5Hide this!Advertise here!