BPPBP - Bruno Putzey's Purist Balanced Preamp (well a balanced volume control really)

Since the Maya solution with VolCB is no longer available, and Arduino solutions are coming up, I could provide this PCB if there is still demand for.

Hans

Dear Hans, the Arduino solution to replace Maya VolCB would be very welcome. A specific reason to this is that Arduino programming is familiar to many of us. This fact enables customization of the system according to personal needs. It woud be a nice feature if also input selection is included in the solution.

Since there are regularly people asking for PCBs:

I have a few (six as of right now) of the original PCB that I could spare. Green soldermask, leaded HASL, 1oz/35µm copper layers, 140-150°C TG FR-4. I am asking for what I paid a piece (2,50€) + postage within the EU from Germany.

Apart from that I would also appreciate an arduino based version of a VolCB.

I'm frequently questioned concerning the IM23TS relay that I used for the volume control boards.
These relays were long time out of stock, but momentarily Farnell has a few thousands of them.

But in case using another relay, be aware that the PCF8574AT driver can only sink 80mA.
So with 6 relays, that's a max of 13mA per relay.
However the pin replaceable PCA8574AD can sink 200mA or 33mA per relay giving you more options for a relay selection.

Hans

They're still there, 700 left..

https://uk.farnell.com/te-connectivity/im23ts/relay-signal-dpdt-250vac-220vdc/dp/1629004

Have they always been £3 each?

Good question, maybe try on the Muses thread also. I see Meldano has a new GB starting.

Muses Volume

Remote control and display would be cool.

768155d1563086811-muses-volume-img_1320-jpg

Last edited: