BPPBP - Bruno Putzey's Purist Balanced Preamp (well a balanced volume control really)

if someone is interested... i have an already fully built unit to sell.
all the caps are nichicon UKW and all the resistors are susumu thin film.

maybe that can help somebody to get up and running quicker.

the only thing that is left is a transformer with 12-0-12 secondary.

Attachments

• Putz-1.jpg
    Putz-1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 646
  • Putz-2.jpg
    Putz-2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 645
Has anyone thought about launching a group buy for these boards, and for a volume control and PS - ?

I have one from the original gift PCBs by Jan at Linear Audiowhich was built by AndrewT (R.I.P.) - you will find that he has many posts in this thread about his build. Unfortunately the Pot which he painstakingly built was on a cheap switch...the inevitable happened and I blew the fuses in my amp...but the protection was too slow to protect the mid-range in one speaker! But I did have it working for a couple of weeks...it was superb by any standard. Andrew went his own way somewhat with the wiring etc. so I now want to make another and need the boards, Volume pot and Hypex regulator boards. AndrewT's v version will have a new VC fitted and will otherwise remain as he built.

For those members who are going to build this superb item it really is essential to read the thread in detail from the very beginning and to make notes of everything. Also I would caution against changing any detail whatsoever.

Good luck. :)

I can do a group buy for the PCBs if there is enough interest. BPPBP is a relatively small PCB at 140x49mm, and depending on the quantity, the cost of one PCB can be around $10 including shipping to continental U.S., or slightly more if we go for fancy colors and ENIG finish. Unfortunately, shipping elsewhere (Europe) will add $15 per package.

Also - if Hans agrees - it would be nice to combine BPPBP board with his relay volume control.

Do you think there would be interest? The project has been around for a while, and thanks to Jan Didden and Linear Audio, the boards and completed builds have been available.