Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

BPPBP - Bruno Putzey's Purist Balanced Preamp (well a balanced volume control really)
BPPBP - Bruno Putzey's Purist Balanced Preamp (well a balanced volume control really)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th June 2020, 11:38 AM   #941
geoturbo is offline geoturbo
diyAudio Member

Yep Misterdog, it would be great to get a feedback from a current user of Bppbp+ Meldano Muses volume controller.. not sure if anyone has thought of it before though.
I reckon a single Meldano stereo controller would do and channels should be strictly matched. The big questionmark I guess would be whether the circuit might go open or is safe to be used under all circumstances. Any experience with these will be welcome.
Old 26th June 2020, 12:05 PM   #942
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Whatever you do ensure that the chosen control cannot go 'open'......

[I had the original board with a well made tth resistors - but on a cheap switch. Yes, it went open and took out a pretty bomb proof Bonsai NX amp and a very expensive speaker driver] Despite this I have to say that as a preamp it is a brilliant design and beats my alternatives hands down in terms of not interfering with the signal.

I know that it is a long thread to plough through but the effort is really worthwhile. Generally I would advise sticking to the original design for ease of mind.
Old 27th June 2020, 11:04 AM   #943
maartn is offline maartn  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoturbo View Post
Tried to spot a reply for this one but did not find any info, lit's a long shot I guess.. is anyone using a Meldano Muses volume controller as volume pot for this Bppbp?

There has been a discussion on using Muses 72320 in the past. Check around post 308.
Old 14th July 2020, 02:40 PM   #944
geoturbo is offline geoturbo
diyAudio Member

Thank you for replies, a bit unsure what would happen in case of open circuit.. I am herewith intentioned to pass my board on..
  Reply to this post

BPPBP - Bruno Putzey's Purist Balanced Preamp (well a balanced volume control really)Hide this!Advertise here!