PA-7000 preamplifier nasty clone version

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone, does anybody have service manual of PA 7000?

I got this clone preamp of 7000 and have distortion problem on one channel and bad quality on other.

removed "keys part" from circuit (SC I mean), quality of right is fine but still have huge distortion on left output of first opamp.

here some pics I downloaded:

Attachments

• professioneller-vorverstarker-preamplificador-profesional.jpg
    professioneller-vorverstarker-preamplificador-profesional.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 344
  • pa-7000-professional-preamplifier-preamplificateur-professionnel.jpg
    pa-7000-professional-preamplifier-preamplificateur-professionnel.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 351
pcb is realy bad quality one, and had several disconnections.
I think the distortion was for filter cap went out of circuit

but theres a question, why output of device has smaller signal than opamps output,
is this natural?
output of opamps are very loud with headphone and another question,
can I use opamps output for headphone?

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
....can I make those filters active ... or parallel more filters...

The 3-band (Bass, Middle, Treble) EQ _is_ active. 3 bands is about all this type of EQ can manage.

....can I remove coupling caps?...

Why?

If the capacitor is bad, replace it with a good capacitor.

There is no large DC here, but small DC will increase (what Samsara calls) "plop". I am *sure* Gemini did not spend 5 cents for a cap without a reason. In PA mixers, caps are often wanted to reduce scratch and plot when controls are moved during the show. It is a fine design but not a "super hi-fi" design and I do not think random part changes will make it "better".

The 3-band (Bass, Middle, Treble) EQ _is_ active. 3 bands is about all this type of EQ can manage.

Why?

If the capacitor is bad, replace it with a good capacitor.

There is no large DC here, but small DC will increase (what Samsara calls) "plop". I am *sure* Gemini did not spend 5 cents for a cap without a reason. In PA mixers, caps are often wanted to reduce scratch and plot when controls are moved during the show. It is a fine design but not a "super hi-fi" design and I do not think random part changes will make it "better".

first of all tnx again for your time and answer.
whats the difference between 10uf coupling cap and 4.7uf? I have seen different caps for coupling. which is better? bigger or smaller?
I simulated this circuit and coupling 4.7uf at the output made huge differences. but I didn't get how muting section works
what about another opamp like opa27 or so? in simulation opa27 was about 40ms faster!
can you give me some guidance on hi-fi designs?

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
....I didn't get how muting section works...
...MUTE. .... switches a transistor ....to short the output.

....in simulation opa27 was about 40ms faster!

Impossible. (A 40 milli-Second delay requires an actual Delay Line; tape, BBD, 40 feet of pipe, or digital storage.) Re-read what the sim is telling you.

Anyway pure delay is not a problem. When I listen to an LP there is a 30-40 YEAR delay from recording to playback.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.