Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller

Thanks Neb!
the extra size of the tuner case also allows me to put the crossover and my two Sub-Amps in there.

The Letters are not really that important, just a nice to have...

I wanted to use Kapital letters instead of the input number. like PC,BT,

I also tried to include Fonts from the Adafruit_GFX.h Library, but thats above my skill level with arduino.

Do you have an idea why my Display is not fading?
it always stays lit fully, i used your latest code for Oled_4x2s, the Display is same as the one you posted earlier in this thread. IDE is 1.6.9, but my board is not your newest V3, i got the "previous" Rev.

You put an amzing amout of work into this!

Thanks again for all your help!
J

You might have a slightly different display hardware. I am using the one from wide.hk.

I wasn't planning on using any of the PS components on v2.5s if possible. I just want to make sure that I can use it with the same components that I did on v2.2z and have all regulation on the PS board.

I haven't tried to follow all the new traces but it looks like I can use the same power connectors on v2.5s that I did on v2.2z and leave the regulator and filtering positions empty. Just trying to verify that.

v2.2z & 2.5s

These are the two boards

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 558
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 545
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 517
Working well

Hi, a quick note to report back on my experience after a couple of weeks with the VxD volume controller v 2.6 in my main system.

Output is to Peter Daniel Gainclone amplifier, input is from a Allo Kali / Piano2.1 DAC fed by a 320 kbs Spotify stream. Speakers are KEF LS50's.

Safe to say that the sound I'm getting from this set-up is the best I have been able to obtain so far. It is very airy and transparent with silky tight deep bass and beautiful rendition of instruments and voices. I can listen for hours on end working or doing other things and really liking the enveloping effect of the music. When sitting close to the speakers (they are monitors after all), its almost like having a pair of very good headphones on and the spaciousness of the sound is fantastic.

The user interface, remote control and calibration of the LDR's are also very cool.

So, thank you to all involved (especially Neb) in the creation, tuning and optimisation of this great volume controller :)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 745
Last edited:
zdr,

Purchased your v2.2z version board recently and tried hooking it up today. I am getting a error 20. According to the trouble shooting section, this is related to the power supply voltages. After double checking that the proper voltages are getting to the controller board connectors, I was wondering if I might have missed a jumper on this new board that incorporates locations for it's own power supply components?
Is that the problem or is there anything else I should be looking for?

Regards,

Roy