Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller

I have a few sets of the PSU, controller and 3-input boards available. The boards are for sale at cost price.

Cost is £4 (GBP) per set of three boards plus postage + packaging (which will be dependent on destination).

Please send me a private message if you're interested.

Thanks
Chris

I now have only three sets of boards left...

Many thanks to those that have purchased so far. :)

Chris

I'm interested to see what enclosures have been used for this project.

I've seen the following on eBay but neither seem totally suitable:

1706 F6 preamp chassis Full Aluminum amplifier Enclosure/mini AMP case/dac box | eBay

Full Aluminum Enclosure / mini AMP case/power amplifier box/ chassis | eBay

The first one is not tall enough and would require adaptation of the software to drive a smaller LCD, the second looks OK but the LCD cutout looks to be too close to the top panel to comfortably fit a 2004 LCD.

Ideally I'd like to source a case that requires minimal drilling/CNC work.

Are there any suitable cases out there?

Chris

Is channel switching done by remote only? I see only one encoder in bom, but two in schematics - ROT1 and ROT2?

The rotary encoder has an inbuilt momentary switch that can be used to place the unit into different 'states' dependent on its current state.

I've not got as far as powering mine up yet (still waiting for the LCD screen) but reading through the code it looks as though in normal operation you can press the encoder (to activate the switch) to enter the I/O-select state and then turn the encoder to select the desired input.

The beauty of this project is that you can customise this behaviour to suit your needs by tweaking the software as desired.

Chris

I'm interested to see what enclosures have been used for this project.

I've seen the following on eBay but neither seem totally suitable:

1706 F6 preamp chassis Full Aluminum amplifier Enclosure/mini AMP case/dac box | eBay

Full Aluminum Enclosure / mini AMP case/power amplifier box/ chassis | eBay

The first one is not tall enough and would require adaptation of the software to drive a smaller LCD, the second looks OK but the LCD cutout looks to be too close to the top panel to comfortably fit a 2004 LCD.

Ideally I'd like to source a case that requires minimal drilling/CNC work.

Are there any suitable cases out there?

Chris

Same problem here Chris. I was going to buy another one of these but they seem to be discontinued in favour of the lower profile version you posted above :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...mfortable-passive-pre-amp-46.html#post3618311

Only need to enlarge the LCD hole. Anyone know where you can still buy them?

Same problem here Chris. I was going to buy another one of these but they seem to be discontinued in favour of the lower profile version you posted above :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...mfortable-passive-pre-amp-46.html#post3618311

Only need to enlarge the LCD hole. Anyone know where you can still buy them?

I quite like the Hi-Fi2000 cases, such as this:

Galaxy Maggiorato GX283 230 x 230 mm pannello frontale 10mm ARGENTO

One of these would be ideal, but I fear that the CNC work would make the cost prohibitive. Modushop does offer customisations but milling both sides of the panel costs a minimum of 60 Euros on top of the base price of 42.50!

I quite like the Hi-Fi2000 cases, such as this:

Galaxy Maggiorato GX283 230 x 230 mm pannello frontale 10mm ARGENTO

One of these would be ideal, but I fear that the CNC work would make the cost prohibitive. Modushop does offer customisations but milling both sides of the panel costs a minimum of 60 Euros on top of the base price of 42.50!
Yes, modushop is expensive... But their work is really a high quality one.
I'll get a case from them too (a pair of http://www.modushop.biz/site/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_26_72&product_id=84 exactly, so it'll use the same for My_Ref FE, ), but I think I'll try a carton or wood prototype before, for both front and back of both cases.

Inviato dal mio D5803 utilizzando Tapatalk