Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller

If you need to make some drilling and finishes - easy to make new own case. Wood case will looks more nice at least for me.
last case for my DAC
PhotoGrid_14638485292331.jpg

Alex

Your case looks more and more tempting to me, especially now I found it for less money, plus a possibility to enlarge digits on standard 1602:

Large Alphanumeric on LCD
Nice idea. I've already modified the code to accommodate the 1602 - mostly the string length and positioning and then the paging of the setup menu and config instructions. I've already removed the double-digit generation code, now might have to add it back in!

Sent from my X5pro using Tapatalk

Your case looks more and more tempting to me, especially now I found it for less money, plus a possibility to enlarge digits on standard 1602:

Large Alphanumeric on LCD

I've included the large digits (from your link) into the 1602 display.

Also, I've uploaded a short video of the device's operation on a 1602 display with this change made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdbP6XfOub4

If you want the code then let me know. Note that I've not modified any code relating to outputs, only the inputs, so further work is required.

Chris

Last edited:
Cool! I'd jump on it right away if I wasn't missing the I2C module for 2004/1602 LCDs, so I am now trying to (blindly) adjust VxD code for the only I2C I have on my desk, which is 2.42" OLED. I did hit the wall with global variable space (1.5k) used by Adafruit 1306 library, so I had to opt for an alternative u8glib lib. It's not as straightforward nor fast as AF, but at least it can be compiled.

Please do post the code, I think I will build at least one like yours.

Neb.

Will do. It needs tidying first before being made public, I'll aim to do that this evening.

BTW the Ali Express case order cancellation failed, so I'm going to end up with two cases now...!

Chris

Here we are, here's a version of the latest firmware but including the following changes:

• Modified to support both 2004 and 1602 LCD display sizes by updating LCDCOLUMNS and LCDROWS constant values (3 x 2 font credited to digimike, Arduino forum user)
  • Added constants for cursor character and LCD address
  • Added support for IR remote repeat code '4' as seen on some clone remotes

The main reason for the change has been to enable support for 1602 LCD displays due to the difficulty had in sourcing suitable cases for 2004 LCDs. Cases that support 1602 LCDs are available from multiple sources.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• firmware_LDR_v1.0_20160524.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Hm, my usb port from nano board disconnects from PC when IR is connected. I am using TSOP34438, and it's correctly connected to controller PCB. Is anyone else experiencing this?

It was the pinout after all. The bom lists TSOP344xx but the link leads to TSOP324XXX. I bought from the link and I thought I had 344 which has reversed power pins.