Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2018, 05:38 PM   #1031
mercedese63 is offline mercedese63  United States
diyAudio Member

Default ssd1311 Folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdr View Post
You are missing ssd1311 library which I included in 1602 folder.
Below is what I have in the OLED1602_4x2 folder after unzipping it:
Does this not show it containing the ssd1311 folder?
Not trying to be sarcastic here. Just don't understand why it doesn't compile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSD1311.jpg (39.1 KB, 541 views)
Old 5th July 2018, 08:07 PM   #1032
schillg11 is offline schillg11  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedese63 View Post
Below is what I have in the OLED1602_4x2 folder after unzipping it:
Does this not show it containing the ssd1311 folder?
Not trying to be sarcastic here. Just don't understand why it doesn't compile.

hi Mercedes63,

the promising way should be to copy the ssd1311 folder in the 1602 folder . I think it was written "include".

BR

Last edited by schillg11; 5th July 2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 5th July 2018, 09:06 PM   #1033
diyAudio Member

Hi BR,

I don't follow what you mean by copying the ssd1311 folder into the 1602 folder.
In the image I posted above, it clearly appears to me that the ssd1311 folder is already in the OLED1602_4x2 folder.
I don't know where else you're suggesting to copy or "include" to.

The problem I'm having is the Arduino software can't find the ssd1311 file when compiling.
Old 5th July 2018, 09:56 PM   #1034
diyAudio Member

Default PinChangeInt.h Error.

Quote:
You are missing ssd1311 library which I included in 1602 folder. You might need to copy it to library folder.
OK...I think I may be making a little progress. I finally learned how to add the ssd1311 as well as the OledI2c files to the library folder.
Now when I try compiling everything I get the following error:

Arduino: 1.6.1 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328"

VxD_OLED1602_4X2.ino:31:26: fatal error: PinChangeInt.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

What does this mean?
Old 8th July 2018, 05:23 AM   #1035
diyAudio Member

So no one here knows what the PinChangeInt.h error is about?
I find it hard to believe that I'm the only who has received this error.
Googling it, I find out that it's something about pin change interrupts.

Neb, it seems every time I try compiling your files I keep getting more and more error messages stating that "No such file or directory" despite adding your SSD1311 and OLED1602 folders to the library.

Before purchasing your boards, you told me in a PM that "All of the files were in the link in your signature".
Apparently, your interpretation of "all" files differs from mine. My interpretation of "all" files would also include all the needed files that should be added to the Arduino's IDE library necessary to get the sketch to compile without receiving constant missing file errors.
Without all the needed library files, trying to compile everything seems to be just a waste of time.
Old 9th July 2018, 10:47 PM   #1036
nori1000 is offline nori1000  Austria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
New boards just arrived, better and more complete than ever I have included new RCA footprints available widely from AliExpress, and also LDR test points.Attachment 682887
I would like to order a set of blanks from them! what do you cost with shipping to austria
Old 10th July 2018, 11:56 PM   #1037
spaceistheplace is offline spaceistheplace
diyAudio Member

Is there a way to improve the tracking with the software, selected LDRs and/or other precision component matching?

1.5% at 10k and 5% at 50k seems like an area to improve upon, especially for those who might need the higher impedance.
Old 15th July 2018, 06:59 AM   #1038
diyAudio Member

Looks as though Neb has gone MIA or perhaps he's one super busy dude.

Some answers to mine and other's posts here would be nice, though.
Old 19th July 2018, 12:06 PM   #1039
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedese63 View Post
So no one here knows what the PinChangeInt.h error is about?
I find it hard to believe that I'm the only who has received this error.
Googling it, I find out that it's something about pin change interrupts.

Neb, it seems every time I try compiling your files I keep getting more and more error messages stating that "No such file or directory" despite adding your SSD1311 and OLED1602 folders to the library.

Before purchasing your boards, you told me in a PM that "All of the files were in the link in your signature".
Apparently, your interpretation of "all" files differs from mine. My interpretation of "all" files would also include all the needed files that should be added to the Arduino's IDE library necessary to get the sketch to compile without receiving constant missing file errors.
Without all the needed library files, trying to compile everything seems to be just a waste of time.

Id like to help, but t its quite impossible to find the differences between my and your deployment. You should first get to the point where a basic sketch compiles (i2cscanner i.e), then move to the firmware for lcd from original post from Vincent77. Then you will be ready to move to custom firmware.
Old 19th July 2018, 12:21 PM   #1040
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

For those having issues with Arduino first steps, it might help to have a full zipped library that I use. I am unable to test if this will help as I don't have a blank pc to try from scratch, and don't blame me for avoiding to format my PC just to test if it works, but I guess if you put this library instead of yours, it should solve majority of your missing files during compile. Make sure you use arduino IDE 1.6.9, as higher seems to have different IR lib that breaks remote. File is librares.zip, rename your old "libraries" folder and put this one instead here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino. File is stored in link in my signature below.

In theory, just installing IDE and replacing libraries should get you going fast, if comms are fine with board.

Also, make sure you run IDE as administrator, or you better know how to fiddle with windows permissions.

Last edited by zdr; 19th July 2018 at 12:30 PM.

Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controllerHide this!Advertise here!