Vicol Audio R2R Volume controller Builds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was thinking it might be a good idea to share the builds based on the R2R Volume controls by Vicol Audio.

What do you think ?

It looks like some interesting builds were already shared in the previous R2R thread. Would be good to have them all at one place.

Feel free to share yours !

BTW we have an Interest check thread for the new version of controller, so if you are interested you can have a look.

Generally the build can look like

Source selector (Controller Bundle up 4-6 sources) -> R2R Volume Control -> Output Buffer (any buffer that you would like to use)

And you can get a simple and good controlled pre-amplifier unit.

OK
This is my Artemis.
A R2R Volume Controller (4 inputs and 1 direct) with a Salas DCB1 Buffer at the output of R2R.

Some pictures for the construction and the chassis are enclosed.

Attachments

• P5130022.JPG
    P5130022.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 1,472
  • P5130023.JPG
    P5130023.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • P4309931.JPG
    P4309931.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,385
  • P4309952.JPG
    P4309952.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,396
  • P5130019.JPG
    P5130019.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,823
Inspired of "lemons" nice Volume control i decide to do something similar.
so here´s my Vicol R2R volume control. Works and sounds absolutly fantastic in my system:)
Nice build. Which amp are you using, my dac+ volume control are similar)))

BTW, how did you wire the on/off button is it connected to your buffer as well?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice build. Which amp are you using, my dac+ volume control are similar)))

BTW, how did you wire the on/off button is it connected to your buffer as well?

Hi and thank´s!

Currently i use my new built PA03 Gainclone, my Firstwatt Aleph J have to step aside for awile.

About on/off, i wanted a green led for the standby function. Tibi told that i could use J7. So J7 and Vcc+ from the update firmware pin with a resistor works perfect with the standby called on/off on my VC front.

Hi and thank´s!

Currently i use my new built PA03 Gainclone, my Firstwatt Aleph J have to step aside for awile.

About on/off, i wanted a green led for the standby function. Tibi told that i could use J7. So J7 and Vcc+ from the update firmware pin with a resistor works perfect with the standby called on/off on my VC front.

Got it so essentially you use this s button to power on the Maya only, not the buffer with it?

I was just thinking if the way to re-use the same power button for Maya and Salas DCB1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.