PRO 2 or 3 way 4th order crossover.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Classical shematics. 4th order, user may choose 2 or 3 way mode, phase reverse in Low\Mid channels, signal & peak level indicators. Subsonic\fullproof 2nd order filters in all channels. Based on Rane works - http://www.rane.com/pdf/linriley.pdf.

Attachments

• Crossover.zip
    253.2 KB · Views: 82
  • kross.GIF
    kross.GIF
    41.5 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
I think the cut-off frequency of 10 Hz and 200 Hz for the filters in the LF and MF / HF bands will not be a big problem for the total phase characteristic on a commonly used frequency division bands. In my initial version of the schema cut-off filters were switched off buttons, I decided to keep them constantly engaged. In the HF band, which concurrently plays the role of broadband in two-way mode, the filter with a cutoff frequency of 200 Hz work does not interfere. I have a calculations phase and amplitude-frequency characteristics for the circuit.

Designing active crossover is not rocket science. However just designing ahead makes little sense unless one measures the acoustical output. I thought i could design using the electrical models of the speakers used but it turned out.... not only listening tests but actual acoustical measurement demonstrated that the theory did not work. I found it is quite important for subjective impression that in the crossover band where both speakers ( here a 2 way) contribute to the sound pressure field the total phase of woofer/midrange and tweeter should match as close as possible.
To achieve that in my actual project i had to restart from scratch with the crossover.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.