ultra low dist pre Sandman distortion null

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
Reading Tube Cad Journal by Mr. Broskie I found this circuitry.
You can try any opamp in this configuration.
At 10Vpp at the output @10kOhm thd is<0,001%.
Reading the schematic watch label net “In” connection.
cheers:cheers:

Attachments

• sch.png
    sch.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 382
  • sinew.png
    sinew.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 370
  • ac.png
    ac.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 357
  • fft.png
    fft.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 366
  • lt1022 Sandman Dist Null.asc
    2.1 KB · Views: 46
What is the purpose of this circuit?

The atch LTSpice circuit file modifies some of the directives in the Original Poster's file and runs faster. Read the comments in the circuit file to understand my changes.

Dale

Attachments

• lt1022 Sandman Dist Null.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    121.9 KB · Views: 321
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Dale, options ptrantau and changing to gear are useful when there are problems with convergence with a particular circuit. If the circuit converges without problems then yes, probably best to leave them off.

I've only ever used ptrantau with very small numbers (there seems to be a sweet spot with problem circuits), I've never tried turning it off completely...

Tony.

why only a little?
Because building a complete second amplifier just for the purpose of improving the first one is probably a waste of resources: with twice the original investment, you'd be able to build a much better amp to begin with, perhaps better by itself than a tandem of lesser quality amplifiers.

how about his solution when output is isolated with the capacitors?
This doesn't change the fact that this cannot work in a purely unbalanced configuration

Reactions: 1 user
Because building a complete second amplifier just for the purpose of improving the first one is probably a waste of resources: with twice the original investment, you'd be able to build a much better amp to begin with, perhaps better by itself than a tandem of lesser quality amplifiers.

Dear Elvee
I did not check
but I have got a "feeling" :rolleyes: that from two superior dirt cheap LM3886 plus a few extra parts you can squize >>ten times better performance than one single LM.
Is it worth?:confused: I cannot check now.
but this is about poweramp... not fit to this thread

Attachments

• sandmdistnull.png
    sandmdistnull.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 112
Is this different than a basic bridged amplifier?

Seems like one would want to try one of the variants of the feedforward techniques with the relatively low cost chip amps? What held these ideas back the most was (as noted before) the cost associated with duplicating the second amplifier...

_-_-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.